Quad City Area Mustangs

• Sponsors (?)

welp I am from Milwaukee right now but was raised in Davenport and take my car down there often. I went to Centrala nd graduated in 76...old I know! LOL

I hang out or use to on Mat's Mustang Central site...

been a while since I was on here. I lost my wife back in 03 so I wasn't to active in Mustangs for a bit...

But now I am back....and what happens...

sharded a ring landing in my motor...take a look here-http://cponygo.com/forums/index.php?topic=488.0

yeah- don't know what I am going to do yet. I have only 60k on the car and I may do some update mods and refresh the engine bay while I contemplate a motor...

where do you people meet up at...? whenever I come to town in my mustang it was like I would drive all over town and hardly see a one....

I hear ya. Seems like the cruising seen has been over-run by ricers and poser ricers lol. I have heard on QCAAF.com that some muscle car guys meet up at Hobby Lobby in Davenport but have never drove over there to check it out. I remember the good ol' days about 5 years ago when the Avenue in Moline was full of nothing but Stangs, and Camaros. Now the cops patrol way to much and pull anyone over who looks like they are cruising.

danielcrmstr2 said:
Hi guys, im not from the iowa area, but ran across a thread in the classified area in the corral from a guy who was trying to find a car that he had sold a while ago, that very well may be in the davenport IA area. Think you guys could help this guy out? heres the link to his thread http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=787444 Thanks alot!
I'm not a member there, but tell him to try qcaaf.com that's where alot of quad city folk hang out.

Welcome to the site man. First thing I would do since it is a 95GT I would replace the computer so that you can actually mod that thing. I have been told by some of my friends who are mechanics is that the computer really restricts any major mods to the SN95 5.0's. Since you are new in the area and looking for other stangers another great site to go to is QCAAF.com. They meet in different areas every weekend and is a great way to meet new people. By the way my name is Kurt.

I'll be at cordova sept 1st also for the midnight portion. I won't have my Mustang there, but I'll still be racing. Keep an eye out for a maroon Omni, you'll find me, or a good friend of mine with an 89 GT Blue/Silver.

On another note, I trapped 103mph with the old 4 banger this weekend. I'm going to try to pickup another 3-5 mph over the next week.

Damn congratulations I am still sitting on the same modded stang that I have had for the last 2 years. Still waiting for my friends to get around to helping me install the new intake then the new exhaust. Right now I am too scared to tear it apart since my dd is a pos Tempo lol. Got a baby due any day now also so can't really afford to tear it apart like I would like.