Quarter panel drain plugs?

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by Cdaniel, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. Do you mean the ones on the inside of the rear fender wells? I hope the flaps are supposed to be on because I left my new ones on! When I bought my car, the plugs were missing.
  2. Yep those are the ones. No definitive answer on this yet though.
  3. My Big Blue Book says in section 17-8, "Drain holes or valves located on the underside of each rocker panel, quarter panel, and door should be cleared periodically". I left my flaps on thinking that it would allow water to drain but help keep dust and debris from coming in from the underside of the car.