Quarter Windows On A 90 Hatchback

BBNova

May 16, 2003
I am in the process of redoing my 1990 5.0, and the glass company came and pulled out all the windows..Now my question is, what do i do about the seal/moulding around the quarter glass, it is all pitted, and faded..Some one was telling me they offer covers for that from later model restoration?? or is there a way to restore it?? What can I do to make them look good?? All help is appreciated..Every one here has already been a big help..

Thanks,
Mike
1990 5.0 5 spd
1969 BigBlock Nova

• Sponsors (?)

hey the covers from wut i have heard on here and other forums is that the covers suck...dont waste yur time steeda is the place that sells them for i think 100$ or near that...u could try the junkyard for a replacement but i dont th ink there is much u can do to fix it depending on how bad they are...

l8ter

Same prob here, bro. I have seen a set of the Steeda's in person, and didn't like them. They stick way out, and look kind of (for lack of a better term), goofy. However, there was a guy either here or on Corral.net that posted pics of his after he'd trimmed the heck out of them. His looked good and did not stick out or look too "thick". The other concern that people have is the adhesive doesn't hold up, and the things go flying off at high speed. I'm sure you could get around this with some good 3M professional grade stuff. I'm just joining the "me too" crowd when I paint my car, and am having them filled, sanded, and painted black. Of course, you could always spend the big bucks and buy new 1/4 windows. :p

Bodyshop fix

Me and my buddies use "Evercoat", you want to use the green evercoat.If you haven't used the stuff it takes practice but isn't impossible.This procedure will require sanding,priming,wet sanding and painting.It's not so bad if you have the tools and time.The materials are located at you nearest automotive paint supply store.

50Resto has new ones for $600 for both including glass. I decided to just use some TurtleWax Black Chrome applied with an acid brush. At least this makes them black and doesn't cost much, so far it has lasted several months and still looks good. It is still grainy looking but I can live with that.

Good Luck, Don

Some flexible bondo, a little sanding and painting...and if done properly you shoouldn't be able to tell the difference from when it rolled off the showroom floor. And it shouldn't cost more than 20-30 bucks