Question about 1995 Cobra convertible with hardtop?

2000WS6

Mar 10, 2002
Salem Oregon
I have a coworker and friend who is going to buy a 1995 Ford Cobra with 8,000 miles and it is some kind of special car with only 499 made with convertible and hardtop options. Do any of you know what kind of value the car is worth? I did a search in KKB.com and they seemed to be way low on what his is going to pay for it. Just wondering if any of you know if this a special car worth some good money? Thanks for any input by you guys!

• Sponsors (?)

i'm not possitive but yes the 95 cobras came as a hard top vert as an option i seen one in a 5.0 mag and the guy was from wash. they are suppose to be rare but i'm not sure on the value of them. it might not of been a option it might have been a hard top vert. i cant remember but i will look for the mag tomorrow and see what i can come up with. come to think bout it it was in my mustang inthuseis <~~ however the hell you spell it :D :shrug: mag. let you know tomorrow peace

john

It was available as an option but was discontinued because of fit and leakage problems that Ford wasn't able to fix. Rare, yes. Valuable, maybe someday in the future with really low miles. For now, just an interesting used car.

Definitely rare, and all two-top Cobras were black IIRC. Probably not worth significantly more than a regular convertable Cobra, though the top was a fairly expensive option (couple of thousand bucks, again IIRC). There's one on AutoTrader locally that's been for sale for better than a year, I think he's asking $16k or $17k, it's been awhile since I looked.

cobra's worth the same as a regular vert cobra...

the top itself is a worth up to $12XX around the classifieds

there is also a company which makes fiberglass hardtops for mustangs... can't remember what it was

well, that cobra, if in good condition, is probably worth around 15K in my area... the top is what's rare, because it's FROM FORD, REMOVABLE HARDTOP... and like you said, only 500 made, so that adds to the rarity too... even though it's rare though, that doesn't make the price much more... a cobra w/ those miles would go for about 13K here anyway.

Thanks for the answers.... Just to let you know he bought the car for $20,000 and he said its in immaculate condition. I was kind of thinking it was a very high price for the car but did not know if it was that special.

2000WS6 said:
Thanks for the answers.... Just to let you know he bought the car for $20,000 and he said its in immaculate condition. I was kind of thinking it was a very high price for the car but did not know if it was that special.
Wow... well, if that's what he wanted, more power to him. That's getting a bit close to 03 Cobra territory in price, for what is a 10 year old car now. :shrug: To each his own.

Dave

well, a removable hardtop is a pretty cool, and very rare option... I would think that if a buyer was looking for a specific model, like that, 20K is not out of the question... who knows, it might be a very good price, I really don't know. all that matters is that's he's happy w/ it...

-oh, and the new cobras are like $30K, aren't they? I thought they were up there a bit more than around 20 :shrug:

Questions about these make us Ford parts guys want to slam our heads into the wall :bang: :bang: :bang: . From what i know of this option is, for one it was a rally bad idea, leave it to ford to take something that otheres have done successfully and screw it up. Second, when it was around, it was so freakn expencive that if something happened to the damn thing, you couldn't afford to fix it. Just another bad idea from ford. The seemed to be full of them there for awhile. I don't know how Ford could biuld the Focus in Europe for as long as they did, but when it gets brought here there is 13 saftey related recalls befor it is even relesed to the public. :bang: :bang: :bang: I don't know if all of you guys have heard of some of them, like the wheel bearing one, of the interor trim a pillers that if you were in a accedent they would shatter and send peices flying into your head!! I would have to say that ford has been getting better about its quality controll, but have you seen the prices on new their new car?? Its out of control. Well i guess that is enough of me bitching.

Thanks for the responces. He did not buy it for any preformance reasons. He is going to let his wife drive it a little bit and is hoping to make a profit from it down the road. Hope he does well but from hearing the responces don't know if he can get what he paid for it.