Question about 85/86 notchback rareity?

edw794

May 3, 2007
every time i'm reminded of this subject of a notchback, i think about the 93 notchback in dark blue that i purchased new because i wanted a car like the model the chp drove. it was an lx, 5.0, with a 5 speed trans and i forget what rear end gears it had but it wasn't the 3:08s. the car was in mint condition, basically stock with about 60k and never crashed when i stupidly decided to sell it to one of my long time school friends who had been bugging me for years, for $6k in about the early 2000s. the most sickening part of this story is that after owning the car for about two months, that jackass allowed it to be stolen by parking it outside his house in sf one night. all that was recovered about a month later was just the shell and it was found dumped out in streets one night in a low life part of town.

• Surprised
Reactions: 90sickfox
  • Sponsors(?)

86lxjunker

Nov 3, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
Count me in as a 4 eyed coup owner. I have an '86 Notch that was set up for Factory Stock years ago. I pulled it out of storage after sitting for 8 years and after draining the gas, it fired right up.

I may be in the market of selling it, as I am getting older now.

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
Count me in as a 4 eyed coup owner. I have an '86 Notch that was set up for Factory Stock years ago. I pulled it out of storage after sitting for 8 years and after draining the gas, it fired right up.

I may be in the market of selling it, as I am getting older now.

Don't do it! :fuss:

And post pics! :fuss:

Reactions: Potomus Pete

slow84lx

Jul 3, 2005
Dallas, TX
Here’s another source. Unsure how accurate any of these numbers are

But if you break it down by 5.0 coupes, the numbers are MUCH less. According to this link, of the 57000 coupes made in 1985, less than 3000 were v8s

if you really want accuracy, you’ll need a Marti report. I compared the marti report of my car to this source, and it was spot on

That's a beautiful '85 coupe. Great score!

Great source Mike, Thanks for posting, I've never seen this breakdown by color & V8. I've always wondered

I've only seen 1 other 1LE silver 1984 coupe, this says that Ford only made 67, which would be the reason why. It makes me wonder how many of those 67 had the T-top conversion? I need to order a Marti report.