Question About Buying 03

• Sponsors (?)

Lowflight said:
My dealer still has some 03 coupes and verts on the lot. Are this still eligible for $3000 rebate etc? What would be a great lowball offer on one of these? Thanks

I went to my local delaer where my neighbor works to deal on an 03 vert. I brought my like new 1994 ZR-1 with 34k on the odo to trade. I don't trade my cars, but I bought this one at trade in value $29,000, and would not mind getting trade in on a new Cobra to avoid MS taxes. Anyway, they looked at my car and said the best they could do is $13k!!! Both my wife and I burst out laughing!! I told my neighbor that the engine in my car alone goes for $10k on ebay!!! The sales manager said "How far off the mark are we?" I replied as we were leaving " about $16k.....and that is just on my car" Guess Ill stick with the ZR-1 :rolleyes:

Lowflight,

I just bought my '03 vert two weeks ago. The rebate runs through 1/4/04 but my guess is they will extend it as there is still a LOT of inventory, at least in the midwest. I got my vert for $31400 out the door delivered to me. What I did and this is just a suggestion as I don't have the time to deal w/ car dealers is I used www.fightingchance.com, they are a website that for $30 provides you with all the dealer rebates, Invoice and all the stuff you get for free at cars.com, just more detail. The real value is in there "fax attack" program that works like a charm. Basically you fax fleet managers at as many dealers as you can find within a four or five state area and let them bid. That's what I did and I had 16 ford dealers bidding on the car and we went through three rounds of price drops before they were dropping the price by $10 or so, but I got them to give me 75% of there holdback, they matched my interest rate from capital one at 3.5% and delivered the car to my office, I never set foot in the dealership. It was frickin' great. I probably could have gotten it cheaper but I seriously got tired of fielding phone calls from sales managers as they REALLY wanted to move these cars. I still have guys calling me trying to sell me one even though I told them I already bought. I think its a great time to buy these things as there was a ton of inventory in Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Missouri.

RC