Question about C&L 76mm MAF Kit

1988WHTGT

Mar 31, 2005
Guyton, GA
Ok, back when I built my motor earlier this year I got the 76mm C&L kit with the C&L intake tube. My problem is, the tube is too big to fit on my throttle body. I have a Ford Racing 65mm. Is this tube made for a larger TB? Thats what I'm guessing. And the 76mm meter won't fit onto the stock intake tube so the new meter and tube are just sitting here staring at me. Any input is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

i don't see how they don't fit, the blue rubber hose section given to you int he kit stretches over and is gripped down by clamps also given to you in the kit - if you bought it new you'd def have the blue connectors (sections of hose) and you'd def have the clamps (2 for each section of hose) this hose can be hard to stretch, but will fit over your ends - if i am not correct, please explain in more detail your problem, cuz you didn't say anything about the blue connectors (i think they are blue w/ a red stripe in the ends or soemthing)

Paul Perreca

Yea, i bought it new and it came with the connectors. My problem is that the connectors are too big for the TB. Like even if I tighten down the clamps it just pushes the hose and wrinkles it to where it would let air in.

lol... I don't really get this? I had the C&L MAF Kit with tube on my stock setup with the stock throttle body.. It fit JUST fine, and when I moved up to a 70MM t/b, it fit just as well. Sounds like you're doing something wrong (although this is so simple, I cant' see anyone doing this wrong), or they sent you the wrong connectors. Pictures of it "crimping" and cutting off air to the throttle body would be helpful.

you should have gotten 3 rubber connectors. one that hooks between the maf and the intake tube, one that hooks between the intake tube and the tb. the third on is a spacer. you put the spacer over your 65mm tb. then you take the larger connector and slide that over the spacer that is on the tb already. that connector then should fit tightly on the intake tube. the reason this happens is the C&L intake tube is 76mm and your tb is only 65mm.

luckythirteen13 said:
you should have gotten 3 rubber connectors. one that hooks between the maf and the intake tube, one that hooks between the intake tube and the tb. the third on is a spacer. you put the spacer over your 65mm tb. then you take the larger connector and slide that over the spacer that is on the tb already. that connector then should fit tightly on the intake tube. the reason this happens is the C&L intake tube is 76mm and your tb is only 65mm.

Yea, is that what that third like half inch connector is for? I was about to throw it out lol - anyway - isn't the 76mm ad 65mm arbitrary numbers, because the thickness of each is what counts, like the thickness of the metal around it- the exterior diameter, like the 76mm could have thin walls, and the 65 could have thick walls - who cares - dude just put that spacer in lol