Question about editing your posts

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
I've noticed lately that you have very little time to edit your posts before the "last edited by" note appears on the bottom. I like to proofread my posts and sometimes I'll catch something after I already posted it. But when I go make a slight correction to a word or something, that little note appears at the bottom.

I've noticed that most forums will give you at least a minute or so to fix any errors you see, and I believe this one used to as well. Did it get changed recently or something? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I've noticed lately that you have very little time to edit your posts before the "last edited by" note appears on the bottom. I like to proofread my posts and sometimes I'll catch something after I already posted it. But when I go make a slight correction to a word or something, that little note appears at the bottom.

I've noticed that most forums will give you at least a minute or so to fix any errors you see, and I believe this one used to as well. Did it get changed recently or something? :shrug:

Not that I'm aware of. I always hit the "Edit" button on the bottom right of the post. You should have that available for some time after you post.

I think the "Last edited by" caption doesn't even show up if you edit the post within a certain small time frame of it's submittal.

Who cares if it says you edited it. I used to edit my post to avoid getting astericks all over my post due to the number of filthy words I use.

Kurt

Yeah, there's only a small amount of time that you can edit your post - if you wait past that time (don't know how long exactly - one minute, two minute maybe on the server clock?) then the "last edited by" phrase/notation will appear at the bottom of your post....

It's real quick - it's about impossible to do an immediate one-letter edit on dial-up. It feels like 30 seconds, or the tick of the server-clock as it eclipses the next minute. I'm talkin out my hind-end with that hypothesis however. :)

Some other forums do have a longer grace period. I catch stuff after I post all the time (I hate trying to proofread a long reply in the QR box) and it'd be nice if there was more time, but it really doesn't matter (If I wasn't lazy, I'd hit "go advanced" to read it or just not use QR).