Question about Headlights.....

Chevyeater351

Nov 14, 2007
GA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question...I bought some after market headlights about six months ago and two of the lights had condensation inside the light after about a month...is that normal or what...I tried the clear silicon right after the lights did it for the first time; however, the driver side headlight would never comepletely clear up, but the others did...I sent the lights back and told them to send me some new ones...Has anyone had any problems with their lights once they have siliconed their lights?????

• Sponsors (?)

I've had that happen before. I bought a cheap set at Fun Ford Weekend and within 2 months it did the same thing. I couldn't return it for obvious reasons but, I ordered the $79.00 set from 5.0 Resto and I have had them for over a year with no water and I didn't silicon them either. Hit or miss I guess.

I bought some off ebay and had the same problem. When I sealed the center ones up, I used a hair dryer to get all the water out then put them back on the car. The best part is the inner lens have turned yellow....

yea they get water in them all the time. I sent one back to 50resto, and now this one is leaking. I heard when the car sits, it has a good chance of it leaking. it make it look horrible on the ultraclears when they get water in them. I would go get one of those one piece lights they sell now. I see them a lot in my mm & ff magaz. I don't think those have the leaking problems as much as the 3 piece sets