Question about headlights

TheBocSez

Feb 3, 2004
Converse, TX
My wife bought me a new set of headlights from 50resto for my 00 GT. My question is this. On my Fox, I had to put a bead of silicone around the lens seam to prevent condensation from entering. Are the headlights on the later body style as bad and do I need to do this also or did Ford improve on the design?

• Sponsors (?)

It condenses too. I have both cars parked outside with only my V8 covered and the six not and my six condenses bad. V8 does a little bit too but not that bad because of the car cover. I have to get new head lights for the six though, can't see **** at night:lol:

Yeah, they are aftermarket from 50rest. Look like nice pieces but just to be safe, I seal them up. I used a product called flowable silicone on my Fox lights and it workd well. Its a silicone product but its not as thick when its dispensed so it fills in the gaps well, then dries like regular silicone.

Yeah I got a set of aftermarket ones from American Muscle an they got all kinds of water inside them I had to take them back out dry them an put silicone around them, havent had any problems since tho!

Yeah I got a set of aftermarket ones from American Muscle an they got all kinds of water inside them I had to take them back out dry them an put silicone around them, havent had any problems since tho!

Got a set from them and instantly sealed 'em as well as the clear fog lights. One problem I did have was that the clearcoat that they put on the lens started peeling and the driver's side actually started getting hairline cracks in it. This may be caused by the hotter burning Silverstar bulbs, tho...