Question About Heads

Sketchy_GT

Nov 13, 2016
I want to start building my 99 gt this winter after carshow/race season is over, and i know i want to doo some top end stuff. (heads cams headers intake) but my question is can i bolt the heads on fully assembled, like is there head bolt access with cams and all in the heads. I've never took heads off a mod motor before only classic pushrod 5.0 motors. i was thinking if i can bolt them up assembled, i could start building them now and have them ready by like the end of the season

• Sponsors (?)

I want to start building my 99 gt this winter after carshow/race season is over, and i know i want to doo some top end stuff. (heads cams headers intake) but my question is can i bolt the heads on fully assembled, like is there head bolt access with cams and all in the heads. I've never took heads off a mod motor before only classic pushrod 5.0 motors. i was thinking if i can bolt them up assembled, i could start building them now and have them ready by like the end of the season

Simple answer yes!
There's nothing wrong with building the heads now and installing later only problem is remembering to keep everything oiled so nothing rust.
im actually recieveing my heads hopefully soon but they're fully built stage 3 porting and ready to be bolted on as soon as I get them. From modular head shop if you're looking for a fresh set rather than used for like 1,200.

Reactions: 1 user
Simple answer yes!
There's nothing wrong with building the heads now and installing later only problem is remembering to keep everything oiled so nothing rust.
im actually recieveing my heads hopefully soon but they're fully built stage 3 porting and ready to be bolted on as soon as I get them. From modular head shop if you're looking for a fresh set rather than used for like 1,200.

Thanks I looked all over the internet for that answer :)