Question about MIL eliminator

• Sponsors (?)

I don't usually hang out up here but I'm always curious why people pull off the cats and use mil eliminators

This guy is doing it for the sound. Maybe some do it because the cats are shot. Look at my 98 V-6 Ranger, it has cats only, no muffler. And yet it's not obnoxiously loud at all. Loud yes, just not obnoxious. Never been harassed for it, been that way for years. The cat or cats knock out a large volume of sound. A friend has a Ford Lightning, as I do. Mine has a Borla catback with two of the four cats deleted. Real pleasant sound. His has all four cats deleted and it is obnoxious, he doesn't even like it after he did it. He's putting two cats back on it.

I haven't done research on the tuner thing for my Mustang as of yet. I know, for my Lightning, there are four or five places that do them. I'm quite certain, with a search right here on this forum, there is an answer to be had.

Tuners just plug into the OBD II port under the dash. They have tunes loaded into them by someone who does such things. And thus, you can transfer the tune from the device into the vehicles computer. When you order one, you have to tell them what items you want turned off in the tune. EGR, cats, etc.

Hopefully, you live in a state like I do, where there are no smog checks.

I will look into the tuner, that sounds like the way to go, thanks
My Mustang is not a everyday driver, so I am exempt from the omissions test

I've got an old beat up 98 V-6 Ranger for an every day driver. Had it 20 years. This way my Lightning, Mustang and two bikes stay garaged unless it is a picture perfect day. But, we don't have emissions or safety checks here.

I have a 2007 mustang 4.6L , i am going to install cat delete H pipe. Would i be better off with MIL eliminator, or anti plug foulers ?
This thread popped up at the bottom of a page and is one I was hoping to hear the follow up results.
Are you still around? How about an update on your MIL light (and you mother in law)?
I am still wondering what spark plug non foulers have to do with your cats (catalytic convertors, not you MIL’s purring fuzz balls). The spark plug extenders/protectors are usually for a cylinder that has an oil control problem, like bad rings and low compression.
What is the connection?

I am not sure what MIL eliminator’s are if you go to Amazon you’ll find them there. As far as the spark plug extenders go if you remove your catalytic converter‘s the check engine light come on ,to stop that you put the spark plug extenders in the exhaust where your sensors are this will stop the check engine light from coming on that is what the plugs spark plug non-Foulers will do. That is the way I went I went with the spark plug non foulers less expensive than a tuner.

Your year of Mustang probably has before and after catalytic convertor O2 sensors, Right?
Please give me the rest of the install info.

As designed, the plug non foulers have a hole in them so sparks still can ignite the air/fuel mixture. Do you install them just in the back O2 sensor bungs to mostly plug it, leaving the O2 sensor off? Do you have them hooked up and exposed to the atmosphere, or do you put the O2 sensor in the non fouler in the back location?

Is this what you did?

My Mustang is a 2007 I have sensors after the Catalytic converter‘s. You remove the sensor from the exhaust pipe install the plug nonfouler ( they have the same type thread)
Then install the sensor in to the nonfouler