Question about Setups

Hey,

My friend is currently looking into buying a 2005+ mustang gt and I am pretty sure some parts are the same. I didnt go on the 2005+ forum since I heard that they arent that great over there but anyway I was just wondering some of the gains you can get out of a 4.6 motor if you do heads and cams to them? Also which are the best for the motor, money is not really a problem here.

Ill give you some background, right now he has and 05 STI and does not like it since he cant work on it at all. I mean in order to make them somewhat quicker you need to throw a lot of money at them. In the spring he is probably going to wind up selling it and either getting an 03-04 cobra (he wants one stock, but i know thats not going to happen) or a 2005+(which he is leaning more towards.

He is planning to do all the basic bolt-ons and also a beefed up rearend. He would like to do heads, cam, and but a kenne bell on. So if you guys could help me with anything it would be great since I dont know anything about 4.6 motors.

Thanks,

Dan

• Sponsors (?)

The 2005's and up arent bad, but the aftermarket isnt as big with them yet... Pretty much cause its a 3v engine, as compared to the traditional 2v in the older GT's, and 4v in the Cobra's. Im sure thatll change though.

But they make decent power stock, and respond well to bolt ons (so far).

However, seeing as how you can find Cobra's for less than what the new body style GT's are going for, I would go with the Cobra for several reasons.

For one, they are a limited production run... thats always cool. Two, they come straight from the factory with a totally forged bottom end and forced induction...:hail2: Picking up power on them is effortless. Next, they handle very very well stock... they are also 6 speeds... so on.

If he wants something thats gonna be terribly fast I would start with the Cobra without a doubt. Big aftermarket, allready fast bone stock... hell spend alot less money building it up than he would a 05+ GT, and have something thats rare.

ok...so the aftermarket sucks for them, i know that you can get blowers and make decent numbers...i have seen a few dynos in person and they made mid 400 hp and torque. He likes the way the 05s look, that is why he is thinking about getting them. I personally would get a cheap 00-04 with low miles and build that up... kind of like this one: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...s=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=100