question for 3.73's

• Sponsors (?)

Thanx i just took it for a blast an the highway and at 80 mph it was at 2600 rpm on the dot.I just had them installed today with 23 tooth speedo gear.It's kind of weird some people say as you 3000 rpm at 80 mph then others say 2600 rpm is normal!Anyway compared to 2.73's that came it's like a whole new car to drive!

Wow thanks according to that iam right on the money!thanx.It makes you wonder why some people would choose 3.55's over 3.73's when the differance in rpm's at 80 mph is just a little over 100 rpm's!

if i could have what i want, i would get a t56 with 4:10 or 4:30's. that would be awesome and very expensive. i'm thinking 3:73 are the best for most people, but i am one of those people that often drive 90-100 on the highway and i'm not sure if i want to cruise down the highway at 3500 rpms for any extended amount of time. thats why a t56 would be cool.

rich1223 said:
Wow thanks according to that iam right on the money!thanx.It makes you wonder why some people would choose 3.55's over 3.73's when the differance in rpm's at 80 mph is just a little over 100 rpm's!

b/c some people thow on superchargers/blowers and higher gear raito's are not always good w/ poweradders. Thats why you wont usally see 4.10s on a supercharged street mustang. If you took it to the track you would run out of gear in 4th.

An intake swap is fairly easy and cheap compaired to changing the heads. I say go for the intake swap first then heads cam later. No you wont see the full benefits of putting the new intake on yet, but it will be an improvment over stock.

95silverGTS said:
GTJake - I see you put the Edelbrock on w/o replacing heads. Would you recomend doing this, or waiting until getting heads (huh huh huh) to install the intake?
p.s. - nice whip.

Yeah, the intake was the biggest kick in the pants next to gears. Joe (Vib) dyno'd a 22rwhp gain with just an Edelbrock intake on stock heads, cam, MAF, and TB.

Jake