Roush Question For Saleen Owners.....

• Sponsors (?)

:Damnit: Here we go again! Corvette's are nice cars. However, this is :SNSign: !! I'm going to infiltrate some damn Vette forum's and get people thinking about Saleens. Makes me wonder how many Corvette people are contemplating Saleens. Sure seems we're a pretty unloyal bunch!! I'm sticking with Saleens, so all you closet Vette fans...:ZipIt:

sal07b said:
:Damnit: Here we go again! Corvette's are nice cars. However, this is :SNSign: !! I'm going to infiltrate some damn Vette forum's and get people thinking about Saleens. Makes me wonder how many Corvette people are contemplating Saleens. Sure seems we're a pretty unloyal bunch!! I'm sticking with Saleens, so all you closet Vette fans...:ZipIt:

Well, calm yourself down, it was just a simple question for Saleen owners that do appreicate and wouldn't mind owning a Corvette.

"Sal",
Didn't you used to own a Vette? :)

Just a casual point of observation, but it seems that the typical Saleen owner on Stangnet is in a different point in their life than the typical Mustang owner on this board.

That said, many are in the position to enjoy other vehicles as well as the Saleen they own. Some buy other Mustangs, some buy multiple Saleens, some buy other marques, or other "toys" all together.

The first post said "trade/add", and while I think most here would take their Saleen over a Vette (as judged by the car they currently own), I would also guess that most here would not mind adding more cars to their stable regardless of where they came from, as seen by the lists of cars in many sigs here.

You can bet your life on the fact that if my wife surprises me by buying the Bentley GT she went and looked at last week I am sure as hell not dragging her and the C-GT to the Ford dealer and demanding they take it in on a trade for an '06 Mustang.

Just my $0.02 from a guy with a couple Saleens and some other/new toys :)

Besides, Sal, let's say your wife had an issue with her Toyota Land Cruiser (not saying you have one, simply an example) I bet you could post the question in the 4.6 Talk section and get flamed while posting the same question here in the Saleen forum and get some good answers/advise. The Saleen is why we all showed up here, now, let us get back to talking like we were at the local brewhouse having a couple cold ones.
:cheers:

I've owned 9 mustangs over the years and consider myself a Ford guy but I am not going to limit myself to only Fords. I love all American Performance cars.GM,Ford and Mopar all have cars I'd like to own if I had the $$$$.
I would'nt trade or sell my saleen to get any car but If I had the money I'd get a Linginfelter 650hp Twin turbo 'vette for a late model and for old school I'd get a '67 L-88 427.
But in reality I probally will pick up a late nineties 'vette someday to park next to my '88 Saleen and '00 T/A. But that will be after I get a SRT-4 (winter car) when I get finished paying off the T/A.
The Old school car I want to get is a red with black striped '70 chevelle SS.Hopefully a 454 but a 396 will do also.

I'm a true FORD man through and through. However if someone was to give me a 63 split window, I wouldn't turn it down. :) All the rest are just flash and plastic to me. Nothing exciting about any of them. Performance is what you make it. I'm happy with my Saleen and always will be. The power I have and handling is far more then I need for the street and a Vette wouldn't feel any better to me. Just my .02 cents worth.

I have owned 2 vettes in the past. My wife had an 84 crossfire, and I had an 85. Both rode and drove nice, but everybody has one. Rain or shine you see vettes everywhere. Saleens are very few and far between. Besides, vettes dont get nearly the attention Saleens do:D

Saleen Mike said:
"Sal",
Didn't you used to own a Vette? :)

Just a casual point of observation, but it seems that the typical Saleen owner on Stangnet is in a different point in their life than the typical Mustang owner on this board.

That said, many are in the position to enjoy other vehicles as well as the Saleen they own. Some buy other Mustangs, some buy multiple Saleens, some buy other marques, or other "toys" all together.

The first post said "trade/add", and while I think most here would take their Saleen over a Vette (as judged by the car they currently own), I would also guess that most here would not mind adding more cars to their stable regardless of where they came from, as seen by the lists of cars in many sigs here.

You can bet your life on the fact that if my wife surprises me by buying the Bentley GT she went and looked at last week I am sure as hell not dragging her and the C-GT to the Ford dealer and demanding they take it in on a trade for an '06 Mustang.

Just my $0.02 from a guy with a couple Saleens and some other/new toys :)

Besides, Sal, let's say your wife had an issue with her Toyota Land Cruiser (not saying you have one, simply an example) I bet you could post the question in the 4.6 Talk section and get flamed while posting the same question here in the Saleen forum and get some good answers/advise. The Saleen is why we all showed up here, now, let us get back to talking like we were at the local brewhouse having a couple cold ones.
:cheers:

Wahoo...flame on! :flame: You guys don't read much do you?? My post was a joke! I was flippin crap because of the other Corvette posts lately. One of which caused me to go and test drive a 2005 Z06 w/ 1300mi on it!! My wife liked it a lot (red is her color...)

Yea, I owned a vette. It was a 1989 6-speed, but the L98 is not an example of GM's finest (spun a main). Would I own another Corvette, sure. They're nice cars, but they aren't rare by any means. Next time you go out, count all of them you see for a day. Then tell me how many Saleen's you see out there (not counting the ones in the garage when you get home...) I like the exclusivity of the Saleen, but it (at least mine) isn't the "best" performance car out there. It is what it is, a nice, rare, head turnin, semi-fast vert that I can take the kids and wife out in and enjoy sunny days...

Nope.. Never.

Not so much that I don't like the car or the company as much as I don't like the kind of people that car attracts; arrogant, old *******s. Seems to be a common thing between F-bodies and Vettes.

In a word... no.

There are far too many much more desirable vehicles that I would want to own well before I would ever consider a Corvette to grace my garage alongside my Saleen.

In fact, there are far too many Saleens I'd like to own in addition to the one I already own. If I could have done so financially, I would have retained ownership of my '89, but that simply wasn't possible at this time.

However, I'd still like to own a S351 or a SSC at some point in the future.

I would consider adding a Z06 of course!!

Or maybe a 69 Z1 all aluminum 427, or maybe even a 63 Split window

But I would never replace the Saleen - Vettes are just too common place!!

Just the other day I ran into a guy with a 2005 Z06 that told me he had to settle for it because he could not get a supercharged 2005 S281 S/C!!!:D