Question for San Diego area Stangers..about car wash stalls

• Sponsors (?)

There all over the place. There are several in El Cajon, one off E. Main near the 8, one on Broadway near 1st (El Cajon). There is one in La Mesa just off 70th st. (about 68th st.) on El Cajon blvd. Lemon Grove across the street from the Arco on Broadway and Skyline. If I think of others I will let you know.

Brian

Thanks for the responses fellas. I was kinda hoping to hear word of a car wash stall around clairmont/north county inland area. Dont find myself out in El Cajon or down South all that often. But work in Scripps Ranch.

Last time i was at the place on Garnet, dude tells me there is no bucket washing..it was a Saturday, but its like yeah right im not going to use that scrub brush, that the person before me used to clean his 1970 dodge van that hasnt been washed in 10 years :notnice: I will just go on weekdays like i pretty much have been when its not that busy.

If anybody else knows of one around the areas i spoke of above, feel free to share :D

1990StangLX said:
I took my 5.0 there, and then my GT a few times. Then I started washing my car at my dads place and stopped going, but I remember it was a good place.

Yeah no kidding about having a place to wash it, i was living at my buddy's HOUSE the first few months right after i got the stang, then its apartment time...it worth it for where i live though.

I kinda gave up on getting it washed just because they keep re-using those towels and i know that is a BIG reason i have some many dang swirl marks :fuss:

1990StangLX said:
yea there are swirl marks on my car too :mad: but i know it wasn't me because i only use special towels to dry the car.

Yeah its totally from the car washes. I went nutz recently too with the microfibers, I even went to PakShak and got the 3 waffle microfiber towels i use for drying the car, paid 50 bucks for 3 of em. Not to mention the other MF towels and even MF polish pads i got from there too. They are bad ass though no doubt about it. Another fact of how i have lost it :D

There's one in Carlsbad, and Encinitas, and Solana Beach.
My paint has been so jacked up for so long. I plan on getting the car painted in the next couple of weeks.
I know I'll turn into a freak about the whole washing thing again :rolleyes:

L8 MUSL said:
There's one in Carlsbad, and Encinitas, and Solana Beach.
My paint has been so jacked up for so long. I plan on getting the car painted in the next couple of weeks.
I know I'll turn into a freak about the whole washing thing again :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info B. When you do get the car painted..red again? Yeah you will be out there with a diaper, and closely eyeballing any car parked near yours in parking lots etc, saying to yourself if they hit me...I kill em

Or is that me??? hmmm :scratch:

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Thanks for the info B. When you do get the car painted..red again? Yeah you will be out there with a diaper, and closely eyeballing any car parked near yours in parking lots etc, saying to yourself if they hit me...I kill em

Or is that me??? hmmm :scratch:

No, that's anyone with a paint job as nice as your's.

L8 MUSL said:
No, that's anyone with a paint job as nice as your's.

Thank you sir, I try to keep it in pretty good shape. it is already in need of a good polishing. Damn tough parking outside and by the beach too, little thing called sand..dohh. The last thing to do is go out and use that California car duster...

Look forward to seeing you on Fri. Are you gonna be running? or spectating like me?

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Look forward to seeing you on Fri. Are you gonna be running? or spectating like me?

Spectating?
What's that all about?
You might as well spend the extra 10 bucks or whatever it is and go a couple of times! It's really no different then what you'll do on some freeway on-ramp, on your way there (only legal) and besides, it's worth it just to do a couple of burnouts without looking over your shoulder.
I'm gonna have street tires so I'm gonna have to :taco:foot my way off the line :shrug:

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Thanks for the responses fellas. I was kinda hoping to hear word of a car wash stall around clairmont/north county inland area. Dont find myself out in El Cajon or down South all that often. But work in Scripps Ranch.

Last time i was at the place on Garnet, dude tells me there is no bucket washing..it was a Saturday, but its like yeah right im not going to use that scrub brush, that the person before me used to clean his 1970 dodge van that hasnt been washed in 10 years :notnice: I will just go on weekdays like i pretty much have been when its not that busy.

If anybody else knows of one around the areas i spoke of above, feel free to share :D

I don't know if it's still there, but there used to be a car wash on Clairemont Mesa Blvd just east of Genessee behind the Hungry Stix restaurant in the Diane shopping center. :)

L8 MUSL said:
Spectating?
What's that all about?
You might as well spend the extra 10 bucks or whatever it is and go a couple of times! It's really no different then what you'll do on some freeway on-ramp, on your way there (only legal) and besides, it's worth it just to do a couple of burnouts without looking over your shoulder.
I'm gonna have street tires so I'm gonna have to :taco:foot my way off the line :shrug:

Yeah, im not too worried about it. Its my first time down there, so I wanna check it out first. That is too bad you wont have some DR's to race with. I guess i would have to get a helmet from what i was reading? And that is cool about being able to do some burnouts without looking over your shoulder (legal) :nice: