Question on 99-up calipers

• Sponsors (?)

pbr brakes said:
i am new at this....still learning how to send messages and find 'threads'.. i think that is what they are called...anyway you are in florida.....i am not sure what shipping costs
....i can get you a set
dude you are about to be swamped.....let me know about these also if you would. Send me a PM (private msg) by clicking once on my name (left side), and then clicking "send private mssg to...." If you don't mind that is....thanks.

eddienyr said:
hey blueovalstang

did you ever get the calipers from that PBR guy? If so what did you pay and how can I get ahold of him?

I didnt get them from this guy, however 2-3 weeks ago I got a set of PBR calipers + lines+ machined rotors for $55 at a swap meet. Painted them up all pretty and now I just have to throw them on. Still need to buy pads tho.

I just did mine last saturday, i tested 60-0mph before swaping with 11 year old brake fluid and i got 187ft, than i flush and bleed brakes and i got 152ft, so now i have to test with PBR, i may see 130-140ft this time :D

paul, and to anyone else this might apply to, i know that you are trying to take some weight off the front of the car, or convert some weight to the back for weight transfer, so here are a few ideas that my dad and i used.....he has a chevelle with a HEAVY ASS big block with iron heads that weight about 60 lbs each, and he has terrible weight transfer problems......he was running a best of 10.87 at 125.1 with no slippage (RARE)......with all the weight distribution he did, he went down to a best of 10.64 at 125.9...OVER 2 tenths, and no HP gain, and he was pulling the wheels at least 6" more than before......so here are a few thoughts....we put the battery in a steel Competition Engineering battery box in the trunk.....alum rad, electric fan, front runner tires as opposed to radials, and 2 ideas that you might like because i know you have done the above already......billet water pump and manual steering box....he saved 12 lbs on the water pump and 24.5 lbs saved by taking the power steering box and pump off, and replacing it with a junkyard manual steering box.....then he bolted a few 20lb gym weights inside the back bumper so the added weight was ALL the way at the back of the car, giving him the mechanical advantage........good luck and hope i helped in any way, althought you probably thought of them already....

EDIT:sry that this is a little off topic, but it sorta has to do with the brake weight reduction :shrug: