Question on oil burning/DSS Pro bullet

Yellowpnoy

Feb 6, 2006
Hey guys, i have some questions for you. I was getting oil in the intake and you guys helped me a lot, now i have a few other qusetions. I am having a hard time diagnosing a problem i have. I have a 306 with T/W heads/procharger/BBK SSi intake, and the normal stuff. My car is still burning oil like crazy and i dont know where its coming from. There is no oil in the intake now, and i did a compression test and all the cylinders were right around 150, but i did not do a leak down test. My problem is that the car is still burning oil, the plugs are sooted up, some worse than others. When i pull the lower intake, there is a lot of pooled oil sitting on top of the intake valves, and i dont know where its coming from. At first i thought that the intake was not sealing right, but i followed the no slip intake gasket method with the weather strip adhesive, so i am positive that the intake gaskets are sealing, except when you pull the lower intake, you can see on the gasket where it seals the port from the lifter valley, it almost looks like oil is seeping by there. I thought maybe the heads were cut but ruled that out because the previous owner said that they werent. Before i bought the car, it sat for about a year before it was started again. Could there be a problem with the heads? Warped? Valve seals? I am thinking of pulling them off and going with a set of AFR 185's with a DSS short block, that leads to my other question.

The other question is i asked for a quote from DSS on a 331X dart block motor, after the estimate i realized that was way too much for me to afford, and the guy there recommended that if i wanted to run in the 10's with a power adder i could go with a pro bullet. My question is, if these are stock blocks (are they? or are they DSS's brand of block?) how can they make them handle the power without having problems?? I know its long, but i wanted to make myself clear, any opinions you guys have is appreciated, thanks!!!

Anthony
1989 Viper yellow GT

• Sponsors (?)

I was looking at there stuff and was honestly not that impressed. I have looked around since then, and gotten quotes from a couple people, and with what i have been pricing out, it will support rediculous ammounts of power for a little more cost. I have also heard of alot of people having problems with there products (not saying everybody) Also to answer your question, i believe the blocks that DSS provides are based off the ford block

The Bullet style combo's are all STOCK block based... If I may ask what is your budget?

As far as your current motor a compression test and a leakdown test will tell you what is currently wrong, ring or seals, etc...

Yellowpnoy said:
Great man, thanks for your help! Are you talking about the dart block motor or the pro bullet motor supporting a lot of HP? Thanks man!!

Anthony

i was referring to a block from Dart or something like World Products Man-O-War block. With forged internals would be able to handle rediculous amounts of power. My deal is i want a descent amount of horse power, hence the 331 stroker and later a turbo, my goal is about 600rwhp.

Rick, i left a voicemail for you, hope to hear back from you!! Thanks for your help 88stang331. I am having a hard time with all this, i had a lightning before the stang and it made 635rwhp/760rwtq on nitrous on a built motor, stock block, and these mustang blocks can barely hold 450rwhp without catastrophic failure even with forged internals, oh well, the price we pay to play!!

Anthony