Question??

808Gt

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
Hawaii
My dad just bought a 96 V6 today and I had a couple of questions....

WEll first, did all mustangs from 96 have a transponder key type??

Did they also come with an alarm?? Im asking because we have a key but it doesnt look like the ford stock key, and when I unlock the doors and open the car the lights start to flash, you know like when you have an alarm.....:shrug:

Also it my dads car is an automatic and it had this B@M switch thing??:shrug: Dunno what it is for but the dealer told us it was so to shift faster?? :shrug: Does anyone have this installed......

• Sponsors (?)

Update......

I went and looked under were the fuse box is and seen that, yes, there was/is a Ford Security system on the car, it had the box under the dash...

What i want to know if I take it to a dealer and let then fix it because we didnt get a remote or anything will they be able to fix the alarm like hook it back together??

I wanted to know because I want to have the security system hooked back up so It can be usefull......

Well, mine is a 98 and I have the PATS system.

I thought the ford security system was installed in the left rear 1/4 under the panels.

The B&M thing only modifies some shift points, it's not a shift kit by no means, but I have heard good things about it

98CobraClone - dunno about the ford security, bt i looked under the dash and it had a black ox with a Ford security sticker on it?? :shrug: But ill go to ford to have them look at it....... And ill try the B&M to day to :nice: :D

:nonono: went to ford roday and they really didnt help me out at all.... Do you think if i buy the remote will i be able to programe it and use it?? THe funny thing is the service guy said that there was no alarm but, I dont get why I have a box that has a ford security thing under my dash:shrug: :shrug:

I just looked at my dads car again and it has a l.e.d. light on the dash by the steering wheel.... So does it mean that it has an alarm right?? :shrug:

Do you think if I buy a ford key fob remote will it work??:shrug: :shrug:

Any help please....

Get a Remote from E-bay They`re not too Much or just Contact Ford w/your VIN# and they`ll be able to tell you more about that Vehicle.If you have a Alarm System buy the Remote(s) from E-bay-I think I paid $25 for two remotes and they send you instr. it`s pretty easy.....
Good Luck

If you have the PATS system, you'll be looking at $100 to get a key programmed. It's also a pain to install a real alarm if you have the system.

IMO, just get a good alarm, like a Clifford Matrix. This way you'll have some added security AND a keyless entry system. It's also nice if you get a 2-way pager alarm.

thanks for all your help.... its my dads car and ill try and see if i can get him to buy an alarm for it :D :D
but for now i would want to use the factory alarm... the car is at a paint shop getting the clear coat fixed, but when we get it back im gonna double check the car.... do you know were all the alarm peices located at, somone said in the drivers side rear quarter panel?? anything else?? should there be a siren??