Questions about Eleanor

66nightMARE

Nov 26, 2004
Katy, Texas
Well, I just got done watching Gone In 60 Seconds for like the 3rd time. Sweet movie. Anyways, I have a couple questions about Eleanor. First off, where did she originate? Also, what kind of exhaust is on the Eleanor(im assuming replica) in the movie. Sounds badass. Anymore info you guys have about the car is appreciated. Just curious. :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

She was created by the movie's car people. Her exhuast is not a replica, and was custom made for that car. Look at the original 67 GT 500 and you'll see what I mean. The sound was that of a dubbed in 427.

6Stang7 said:
She was created by the movie's car people. Her exhuast is not a replica, and was custom made for that car. Look at the original 67 GT 500 and you'll see what I mean. The sound was that of a dubbed in 427.
That's not right... Eleanor is a '73 Mustang Mach 1 that was heavily modified, but mainly structurally and suspension-wise for the stunts. :D

j/k... sorta... Just wanted to remind folks about the original Eleanor from Gone in Sixty Seconds.

I think the stuff 6Stang7 posted is correct. It was custom made for the film, based on the '67 Shelby Mustang, with special body work and lots of non-functional eyecandy. The exhaust sounds heard on the film were overdubbed from recordings done of a several cars, but I do believe the main motor was a 427 FE motor.

The side exhaust was non-functional on the movie car; I don't know what the sound was dubbed from. The Eleanor body kits are available if you wish to purchase one. A couple of companies make them now and I think they are about $5,000, give or take. There is a lot of fabbing to make one fit as the fiberglass is pretty crappy. Do an internet seach on Eleanor and you will find all you need, including an Eleanor forum.