Questions about Roller Rockers (Mainly TFS)

mustanghrspower

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
Questions about Roller Rockers (Mainly TFS)

I recently purchased a set of Trick Flow Track Heat heads, and I need to get some roller rockers (1.6 ratio, 7/16 stud mount). The recomended rockers are Trick Flow (of course) and Crand Gold Race. I was looking at getting Comp chromoly rockers, but they aren't on the "list" of recomended rockers. Has anyone had any experience with those? Otherwise I am contemplating the Trick Flow rockers. I have heard that they are the same as the Crane Gold Race rockers, but a different color, and that Crane makes the TFS rockers. Is this true? Also, has anyone had any trouble with the Trick Flow rockers? Thanks for any help!

• Sponsors (?)

I have the TFS, and like everyone said they are probably the same. I would pick from the list of rockers that are recommended by trick flow though. Don't cheap out on the rockers.

I have Comp Pro-magnum 7/16 stud 1.6's on my TFS heads with custom length pushrods and the geometry is perfect. Just make sure you use an adjustable pushrod to get the right length pushrod for whatever rockers you decide on. It is a lot cheaper to do this than have something fail later on.

I read an article recently about an nmra class racer installing rockers. They have to be 1.6 exactly, as nmra inspects for cheaters. The only roller rockers this guy could find that were that accurate were tfs. He bought three sets of tfs to get one set of absolutely accurate 1.6 roller rockers, and no other roller rocker manufacturers even came close. They'd be first choice in my book.