Questions about Thumpers

Andy, you gonna go to a 3.73? You gonna find a set of DR's to run on or are you going to go on street tires? I really would like to see you do it. I think Mike is an OK guy, and I was actually going to have him port up my P heads until I struck a deal with Powered by Ford on my Eddys. I would like to see someone do it, just so we can get these annoying threads out of here. I think I've read that Cosby and them guys have run low 11's with stock E7's, stock cam and a carb. Someone can do it, it just hasn't been done.

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

Ya, i scored a set of 373s to swap in....The DRs may be needed, we'll see. The last TT it was hooking real good with just the Kumho's at 32psi, right from tech to the staging lanes.....I was really surprised...kinda, run what you brung deal...

I'm pretty confident it can be done....the gears, intake, and 24s, really puts me more on par with what most guys run anyway...

Like you said, its only a matter of time til it gets done....This ones for Thumper/Tmoss... :D ...I may even pick Eds brain at FTI...He offered up some "tuning help" to....We all have our "brand loyalty"....I enjoy both Mike and Eds hook-ups... :hail2:

Thanks Paul..I wouldn't hesitate to call if in need...Thats whats cool about the site...

Do me a favor though.....SLOW DOWN....12.3.....W.T.F....we ain't never gonna keep up at that rate... :D

Huh huh... sorry but that's not going to happen anytime soon!!! Plans are in place to run even quicker this year, I still want to see just how close to the 11's I can get, if not break into them!!!

Sorry for going offtopic 17yrOldStanger!!! Like I said, do a search and you will have many of your answers.

onebad95 said:
Andy,

I agree, I want to see you get in the 12's also. If you need my dr's you are welcome to use them. As far as thumper goes, I don't know him and I never talked to him. It's just too easy to pick on the guy. It's like shooting a deer tied to a tree.

No offense, but if I had that much money in the upper half of my engine and a built/stalled AODE and was only turning slightly above 105 in the 1/4, convertible or not, I wouldn't be sitting on Stangnet picking on people "because it's easy."

onebad95 said:
Andy,

I agree, I want to see you get in the 12's also. If you need my dr's you are welcome to use them. As far as thumper goes, I don't know him and I never talked to him. It's just too easy to pick on the guy. It's like shooting a deer tied to a tree.

Im with you too andy, You can borrow my ET streets when i get them. Just pray the stock axles make it through it!

Charlie is a ball buster... and a good one at that!!! He cracks me up!

Trick- look at what those "big dollar" parts did for him... from a 16.2 to a 12.9. just think wht you'd run if you had such a gain, it puts it into perspective of how good a 12.9 at 105 really is for such a car.

Hey andy did you already buy the pinion bearings etc. for your gears? If not let me send you the pinion bearing and some shims that i had left over. Any other parts you need i might have?

jason

Trick95 said:
No offense, but if I had that much money in the upper half of my engine and a built/stalled AODE and was only turning slightly above 105 in the 1/4, convertible or not, I wouldn't be sitting on Stangnet picking on people "because it's easy."

Are you new here ???? I might be wrong, but before I did it last year, noone has done it in a vert aode. Also, you can ask Rio and Jesse. I made 1 pass that day, and I haven't been back yet. Also, I have 2 1/4" svo side exhaust that is very restrictive. Actually, the only other run on the car last year was a 13.2 @ 105.05. On the 12.9 run I was 1.5 mph ahead of the 13.2 run in the 1/8 and it fell off on the top end. So obviously there was bad air that day also. There is no doubt there is more in my vert and it will be displayed in the spring before the vortech goes on.

I really don't keep track of how much was spent on this project, nor do I really care. There was one goal when this started, To be the first n/a aode vert in the 12's. I reached that goal.....

LOL... onebad.. I sell the heads and they go on what they go on. And IF the car is even goes to the track and if the driver SENDs me his ETs and IF the driver doesnt care if the times are posted... I am More than happy to do it!! but, as of this time no one has spoken up, so I wont tell!! It isnt the heads , ANY heads, that keeps a car out of the times... it is the cam, gears and now with the F/I cars... the computer!! If it were the heads ( 200cfm) then there would be a lot of cars in the 12's with the aftermarket heads... and there seems to only a few POSTED ( note that posted). Personelly I would like to see anyone there... everyone there... and IF P's will do it... then get P's!! cool?? If you have the time to hand port your heads... then hand port!! BUT as EDC and B R will say... the cam is the power builders.. and if the car has to comprimise idle quality , street ability, and driveability.. that really hinders the cam ( to a point). SOOo.... Onebad, and others, when it happens on this site... it happens!! IF Rio, gets there ..cool!! If others step up and tell their times , good!!
I am here to help. Not rag. or dis, or put down. It does happen when the post gets lost in long trashy replys! Cool?? 3600 lbs on a 200 CFM head is do able!! with the computer of the 94-95 , it STILL is do able!! ( cited by the GT40s and the P's doing it!) and if some one with a set of ported heads steps up...cool?? I feel if the heads arent any good, cool, make your opinion and let it go... why, why, why keep beating a dead horse!! ?? but hey, that cool!! I spent 22years in the service protecting you right to say and print what you want. So, have fun, just try to help out more...cool??

Just me.........................................

Thumper

Mike, that was the first post of yours that I've read that made sense to me and I agree with. I never had anything against you nor did I ever want to start a battle with you in every post your name was brought up in. I've seen and read about your heads in the fox body boards LONG before they were brought up here. Even when people started to run your heads here I kept my mouth shut and didn't say one good or bad thing about them. When I decided to speak up is when newbies started preaching your heads as an AFR/TW/anything aluminum beater on here and they were a garanteed 12 second combination... then came all the spamming from you and Tom. That's not to say you are the only two that do it but you guys do it much more than anyone else I've seen and for some reason I never see anything said to you guys, I have however seen EDC warned about spamming simply for telling someone to call him about a combination when that person was asking about FTI stuff. Regardless... as you stated above it takes more than a certain head, a certain cam, etc to run 12's. As you said it is in the entire combination, and I "think" I've been pretty careful in all my "battles" with you not to single out the heads as the only reason someone couldn't run 12's. That was/is the other problem I have with your statements Mike, you state stuff like you did above, but on your website you lable it as a "proven 12 secon dcombination"... you should put an note on there and say times not garanteed, it depends on driver ability, weight, gearing, conditon of car, etc. there is someone that advertises in MM&FF with "12 second combinations" but they do put this note in there so as to not mislead people. The "thumper head/Tmoss" combo just sort of grew into this monster that I felt gave false hope to those looking into new combinations because people with no experience and no knowledge of what it takes to run at at a drag strip and therefore run 12's, etc were jumping in with their advise to other newbies that this combination was a garantee... I stepped in to state otherwise and it has sort of snowballed into the battles we have seen here for the past 6+ months. I don't want to have to always do that, but for some reason people still feel this way. Maybe its the "spirit of the underdog" or something that makes people want to overtake the (as you put it) "guys with the big dollar setups." I don't know. I do however feel that anyone swapping H/C/I has a MUCH better chance to run 12's or better with a setup like mine. I'm not the best driver in the world, but I bet if I had a coupe with your heads, Tom's lower, etc that I "may" be able to run 12's in a 94-95... but the money I'd spend on all the "little" things to do it would add way up. Like drag wheels, gut the car, lightweight seats, full front and rear suspension, etc. I'm saying that that extra money could be spent on different parts to make more power as in my case. I ran 12's in my vert with completely stock suspension, stock unaltered interior, on my street wheels with just a set of nittos. Either way, I'm sick of the fighting too. Lets both try to keep it to facts here on out, I've always tried to prove my points and make ones that were valid... I hope you will do the same.
Paul