Progress Thread Questions for my fellow mates!

Reddevil91

5 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
So I’ve been contemplating this for a minute. I don’t drive all that often so I’ve been thinking about deleting my ac, already have the kit and had it powder coated. Has anyone used those kits that eliminate that belt tensioner pulley? I really like my powder coated steeda pulley but those kits look pretty cool as well. If I do they delete kit I know the PS moves up but with that other kit, would I just leave it in its original position? It does get hot as hell here in ATX but again it’s not a daily, sees more garage time than out and about.
9036DABB-6E83-4671-8212-7ECAFF04E33F.jpeg
959FEA33-13B1-4D74-8399-5E4ED0DCD7D8.jpeg
57025D74-4E9E-491B-83C7-73139F695F22.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

BlakeusMaximus

“Blakeusdoneimus”
Jul 12, 2017
That’s what I thought I saw. Looks like the emblem took some clear coat off. That fender will need to be refinished. To do that right, you’ll need to remove the front cover, splash shield, rocker molding before you paint. Hopefully it can be done without blending the door. That sucks man, has that fender been painted before? Kinda looks like it.

@Davedacarpainter?

Last edited:

Reddevil91

5 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
That’s what I thought I saw. Looks like the emblem took some clear coat off. That fender will need to be refinished. To do that right, you’ll need to remove the front cover, splash shield, rocker molding before you paint. Hopefully it can be done without blending the door. That sucks man, has that fender been painted before? Kinda looks like it.

@Davedacarpainter?
So it’s surely been bleed into when I painted the hood, and I did manage to bump one of those gas station pump bars around the pumps back in the day, let’s just say young and dumb and shouldn’t have been driving, so yes it has. Now I have to look at the passenger side, I don’t think it’s as bad.

Last edited:

BlakeusMaximus

“Blakeusdoneimus”
Jul 12, 2017
Yeah man I don’t think it’s an area that can be spot refinished. That freaking sucks. You could always throw those cobras back on to hide it. Hopefully it won’t peel anymore

Reddevil91

5 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
It hasn’t worked since 2000, never been converted, not hoping for extreme horse power gain by doing so but kind of like the look being all freed up, can see the heads etc. little more of a clean look imo. But ac is nice I’ll admit that lol.

Reactions: Rdub6

Reddevil91

5 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Yeah man I don’t think it’s an area that can be spot refinished. That freaking sucks. You could always throw those cobras back on to hide it. Hopefully it won’t peel anymore
True that idk I’m bummed, the other side did it to, not as noticeable but if I run my fingers over the area you can tell and feel the ridge. Real bummer