Quick Help - Tail Lights For My 83 Fox

• Sponsors (?)

Just bought tail lights for my 83 fox, however can't find the sealer required to install any help?
It's just butyl tape. LMR sells a kit with the clips and tape. You should be able to find it at most auto parts stores too. Depending on the thickness they have you may need to stretch it out a little. Easy peasy though.

Tell us about your '83. I have an '83 coupe myself. I've been restoring everything on it, if you need some help, just holler.

BTW, to get someone's attention here, just add an @ sign before their user name. It'll send that member a notification.

Reactions: 1 user
It's just butyl tape. LMR sells a kit with the clips and tape. You should be able to find it at most auto parts stores too. Depending on the thickness they have you may need to stretch it out a little. Easy peasy though.

Tell us about your '83. I have an '83 coupe myself. I've been restoring everything on it, if you need some help, just holler.

BTW, to get someone's attention here, just add an @ sign before their user name. It'll send that member a notification.
Thanks a lot! Gonna go on LMR right now, and my 83 is in full resto mode, I just sanded it down and primered it just looking for some nice wheels

If you want to see what i've done with my '83 and have LOTS of time to waste, you can look through my build thread. I have a few posts in there about when I redid my taillights somewhere.
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/83-t-top-coupe-drivers-door.892774/
Good luck with your build, and you might consider starting a progress thread as you go through your build. You'll get all sorts to help you out. Mechanics that know everything about everything about our cars will help. I paint cars myself, that's my area to help out.

Wheels are a big choice, lots of money involved there.

Holler if you need help.

Reactions: 1 user
Any auto parts store sells Butyl tape. It'a usually in the aisle where you'll find rearview mirror repair glue and other adhesives. I bought a roll years ago and still have it. Comes in handy for other things.

It's the small clips that are hard to come by. Thankfully the resto sites have them.

Any auto parts store sells Butyl tape. It'a usually in the aisle where you'll find rearview mirror repair glue and other adhesives. I bought a roll years ago and still have it. Comes in handy for other things.

It's the small clips that are hard to come by. Thankfully the resto sites have them.
Thanks man I can't believe it was something so simple

If you want to see what i've done with my '83 and have LOTS of time to waste, you can look through my build thread. I have a few posts in there about when I redid my taillights somewhere.
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/83-t-top-coupe-drivers-door.892774/
Good luck with your build, and you might consider starting a progress thread as you go through your build. You'll get all sorts to help you out. Mechanics that know everything about everything about our cars will help. I paint cars myself, that's my area to help out.

Wheels are a big choice, lots of money involved there.

Holler if you need help.
Yea I'll do that soon so I get help, it's my first project car ever I'm 19 and I thought a fox would be a good place to start,

I followed you to keep track with your build man very interesting