Quick question about our computers and code scanners

• Sponsors (?)

WhiteDevil said:
Mine said the same thing on it 87-95 or soemthing like that. Works great. The data port is almost the same there is just a little extra prong for our cars.

Do I have to buy this "extra prong" or is it a universal scanner? Is I do where do I find it? Autozone?

So do 94&95 stangs and fox body stangs still have the EEC-IV compuer, or do we not have that computer?

Yes, it's the same computer. I bought a scan tool for fords about 2 years ago and it's worked pretty good. But I just had to have the Actron super autoscanner. This things rocks!!!! It works on all vehicles, including OBD II. I just had to buy my OBD I ford cables. This new scanner even allows me to read realtime readouts like the engine temperature, mph and and engine RPM. I've never been able to do that in an old OBD I car!!!!!!

95Cobra302 said:
Yes, it's the same computer. I bought a scan tool for fords about 2 years ago and it's worked pretty good. But I just had to have the Actron super autoscanner. This things rocks!!!! It works on all vehicles, including OBD II. I just had to buy my OBD I ford cables. This new scanner even allows me to read realtime readouts like the engine temperature, mph and and engine RPM. I've never been able to do that in an old OBD I car!!!!!!
dare i ask how much that baby set you back? sounds cool. :nice:

95Cobra302 said:
It costs about $200. Which isn't much at all, if you like messing with stuff on all cars like I do, pick it up!!
i have not priced stuff like that, but that is cheaper than i thought. ill check it out (favorite, ok i mean cheapest, place to buy one?). thanks :nice: