Quick Rigging Question

Note: this is for the sole purpose of getting to and from the part store on Friday morning. The car is not being driven on a daily basis and won't be driven before or after the part store run on Friday. It has other issues keeping daily driving from happening until this weekend hopefully. If the picture worked you can see the heater hose connection I had has cracked pretty bad. My question is will electrical tape hold water in for approx 3-4 miles. Should be 3 miles max. Or any better common items ideas that's better. I hate rigging stuff like that but I gotta do what I gotta do. I just don't want to get antifreeze all over the motor and everywhere. If it's not going to work no biggie. Just a bit of a bike ride carrying a few parts back. I only have the hose and parts for 5/8 at the house

Attachments

• 1433370707760.jpg
    1433370707760.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Sponsors (?)

eh, not really. hot water will melt tape right off. it looks like a hard part... what part is that? I would JB weld or epoxy it. or I would just walk/ride bike to the parts store

You'd be better off finding some tube, ANY tube close to the same o.d. and splicing the hose together. It doesn't need to have a cap. Tape won't hold :poo:, especially not at the center of a T joint.

I didn't concider the heat factor. Even though it won't get heated up all the way round trip it will still melt. I'm guessing the only heat resistant stuff I have would be red rtv. Exactly why I asked so I didn't do anything stupid that could hurt anything else. It's one of those connectors you can put on the heater hose to hook a garden hose to to flush the system. I only need something to connect the heater hoses together since the heater core is bypassed. In Florida it's not needed. And the one side has some wear on the hose where it has rubbed against something since it was to short.

It's not that big of a deal to ride the bike as much as carrying a carb rebuild kit and cans of cleaner. Vac hoses and the heater hose and that part and a thermostat and gasket and seems like something else. Does seem like the smarter way to go. It's just one of those where my back still hurts from riding the bike 36.4 miles round trip to register the stang a couple weeks back. Rather take the safe route

I probly had everything I needed to fix it right ifiI didn't lose all my hoses in the move to here. Idon't have any hose really especially near this size. Rtv should hold and withstand the heat if I decide to take the chance. I forgot about that. I don't put much faith on that also. I'd rather not take the chance of water shooting out all over everything and in the air filter and stuff.. I did drive it home from next to the part store where u broke it by wiggling it. I zip tied it to try and hold it to minimize spray and hoped for the best.

Put at least 300 bucks into the stang within the last month just to get it on the road. Not to mention insurance and tag. Last thing I wanna do is back track. I'm just hoping it's driven by this weekend. Have Friday off and plan too hopefully get it running right. With some help from here ithink it's narrowed down to the carburetor. I hope. Thank you for you two correcting my lack of rigging skills lol

You'd be better off finding some tube, ANY tube close to the same o.d. and splicing the hose together. It doesn't need to have a cap. Tape won't hold ****, especially not at the center of a T joint.

Listen to this guy, he's giving you some very good advice.

No tape, no RTV, no super glue. Maybe some epoxy, but a piece of steel, hard plastic, or copper tubing is what is needed here. Use a garden hose splice if that's all you can find handy.

I'll just ride my bike to go to the store. Was only going to try and rig it to get to the store and back. At least the motor will already be cool if I ride my bike. Only thing I can come up with is the copper peice thats made to connect heater hoses. Just the wrong size.

Lol. I've got roadside through insurance. But don't want to use it. Ended up riding my bike to the advance half a mike away. Gave me the wrong thermostat. Gave me a 160 when i asked for a 180 in specific. Didn't have any right size vac hoses. Gave me a fuel line for a vac hose when I told him I had some fuel line at the house already and it fit but wanted vac hose. Took him a good half hour to find everything on my list. Some hoses and a thermostat. Lol. I just drove up to the advance I wanted to go to a mile and a half away. Needless to say now I have what u need to change the thermostat and flush the system. Just got done taking the fan and shroud off along with belt to get to the thermostat easier. Just twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to cool off enough to do the work

See I knew I had that brass peice in 3/4. That would've been real easy to have rigged it until I got some new hose lol. Even looked where it was at. Just overlooked it. Right on top in the tray for the box plain sight.

Attachments

• KIMG0082.jpg
    KIMG0082.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 86
I was unaware the landscaping industry I could get called into work like this. Had to cover the holes and haul ass. Let y'all know how it goes later on. Maybe tomorrow since the noise level of the exhaust prevents some hours. Especially when the room mates baby is sleeping