quick tranny swap question

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
I have a chance to buy a t-45 at a good price (local seller so no shipping). seller said it was in a 00-01 gt then put into a 95 gt. I thought the 00+ were computer calibrated speedos.
the 98 and below were all done with gears in the tranny.

my question-
will this work in my 01 GT? if so, is there a block off plate for the transmission where the speedo gear goes so I dont leak fluid all over the road???

• Sponsors (?)

local stang site member so I am not worried. Everyone on there seems on the up and up. I bought from peeps on there and sold to others with no issues. Just curious. also-

are the tranny bolt patterns the same on a 5.0 as on a 4.6??

just talked to him and it was on a 4.6 motor so I am thinking it was on a 96. from the picture it has a sensor where the speedo gear should go.
Slide3.JPG

pay no attention to the price.
also if you look where the clutch fork goes it looks like it would be for a 4.6. 5.0s are more on the side this is more on the bottom. can anyone see the bolt pattern and see it would match up to the 4.6?

sweet what flywheel would I need I know there is a different one for the romeo and windsor because of the bolt pattern. I have an 01 gt. also best place to get a clutch and flywheel, clutch cable ( nonadjustable) firewall adjuster etc. thanks