Quickest mods to beat LS1!!

• Sponsors (?)

It's nice to see some reality being injected into this thread as of late. I've resisted posting several times, because it was just complete nonsense.

No 2V GT is going to outrun an LS1 ANYTHING in bolt-on form. I don't care if it's M6or auto.

The auto/M6 LS1 F-bodies are rocketships, and their GTO counterparts are heavy but also extremely stout.

People who beat LS1s in their mildly modified GTs are facing terrible drivers, simply put. You can't possibly scientifically analyze a situation where a bolt-on GT beats an LS1 and not pin the causation on either LS1 Driver Error, or some other external variable (LS1 driver's engine exploded, he was racing on the grass shoulder, he was racing in Low Earth Orbit.)

These are low 13 second cars with the right driver, STOCK. 300rwhp STOCK. I've seen it with my own eyes.

I'm not as well versed with the LS1 GTOs, but I know this. Stock M6 GTOs in LS1 form run low 13's STOCK. Traction, a few cheap mods, and some track time = high 12's. The automatic GTOs are just as quick as the M6 cars, just like the F-bodies were.

My 4.10 geared 250rwhp '98 GT could holeshot the living ish out of my brother's stock 300rwhp '99 Z28 M6. I had him all the way through 1st gear (3.37 1st gear and 4.10s tend to do that, when you're not sliding sideways from lack of traction.) Once he rowed through 2nd and 3rd, it was over. There is no "lead to be held" against an LS1. Given open blacktop and functioning motor skills, an LS1 driver will mow down a GT, simply because they've got enough power to compensate for their relatively soft launching abilities.

Don't throw factoids my way like "Bolt-on GTs run 12s" and "Blah Blah this and that." I'm aware of what a bolt-on GT can do, at the track, with stickies and some gearing (and a great driver.) But comparing apples to apples, in a street contest, with all the variables, on street meats? My money goes on the LS1.

Unless you've got numbers, any street war story is anecdotal.

my car back when it had a 4.6 had no prayer against ANY ls-1. i only raced a few because it was futile. my car had a PI head/cam/intake swap, filter,off-road 'x', longtubes. it was a 290flywheelhp car. the few times i fooled with an LS-1 it was over by 80mph from a 60 roll. they were at least 3 cars ahead and 5-10mph and pulling. .

one thing i look forward to is killing as many LS cars as i can with the new motor. oh, you'll see the odd FI Ls, but otherwise i cant wait to meet the better cammed LS cars. rock on turbo ported 4V ford.

I've raced 2 different LS1 GTO's (both auto).

GTO w/ SLP catback - I got a 1/2 car jump and held it through 110.

GTO w/ unkown mods - dead even through 95.

GTO's are not as quick as you may think.

I've raced 2 different LS1 GTO's (both auto).

GTO w/ SLP catback - I got a 1/2 car jump and held it through 110.

GTO w/ unkown mods - dead even through 95.

GTO's are not as quick as you may think.

Correction LS1 goats are not a quick as you might think, LS2's are a whole other ball game

My buddy has a 05 goat and its got some balls but I called him out to go the track with me and he won't so who knows. With my mach, I would say driver's race, I would win at a dig he would win at a roll.

Correction LS1 goats are not a quick as you might think, LS2's are a whole other ball game

My buddy has a 05 goat and its got some balls but I called him out to go the track with me and he won't so who knows. With my mach, I would say driver's race, I would win at a dig he would win at a roll.

Yeah, I meant to say that LS1 GTO's are dogs.

I want to add that all I had when I raced the two I mentioned were the mods in my sig (K&N FIPK and flows......thats it). I also want to add that Im an auto too.

There will always be someone faster, be a man when you get your new Mustang and take the high road when asshats line up to test their POS cars against the standard (your Mustang). Do not be an immature boy and throw mods at your car just to win a stupid street race.

For a auto....anyways. Im sure the car and driver people didnt muster the most out of it but still, auto gts 99-04 typicaly run high 14's stock. Its a OLD article but I found it a while back. Could of even been Motor Trend, dont quote me. Didnt say I liked it, just what I read.

intake(Cold Air and throttle body), exhaust, 4.10 gears....ur set =))

Bringing back from the dead eh?

Also not exactly on those mods. They might beat a poor driver, but not a decent one with a strong car.

Wasnt the auto new edge GTs rated at like 15.1 at 93 mph by car and driver, enough said.
I suggest you spend a lot more time at a dragstrip than reading magazine times from the ****tiest drivers.

My solution to this problem.....was a little more eccentric.....:D

IMG_20111009_193149.jpg

IMG_20110918_161609.jpg

As you can tell i'm still a Mustang freak, but love the dirt cheap LS horsepower. 600 RWHP on a 3050lb Fox Body is a great time to say the least.

Liking the new 5.0L though, lots of potential there it looks like. Once they've been out for a while I could see a change back happening...