Raced a friends 05 kawasaki ninja 500 R!

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
First things first, this was NOT a street race. He happens to be a coworker and was performed on my employers private property on our way out of work. Long stretch up hill. (posted speed limit = 20 :rolleyes: . 90% of us go 40-60 lol)

Now that thats out of the way so it wont be locked, I was coming out of work...and well we have been wanting to race for a while. So today he gets out first and is going SLOW so i can catch up....so im like alright he wants to go. We round the corner to go up the hill (i have my windows up with the AC going full blast...darn near 100*s), and im in 2nd (low rpm). As i about finish the curve I nail it (maybe before him...not sure), it breaks so i have to get out of it a little and then hit it again. To my surprise he doesnt pass me, and as im rowing up the RPMs in 2nd to 6200 im pulling away....hit 3rd and im slowly pulling. I shut it down at like 75ish with me about 2 cars up. :flag:
I didnt expect to pull away that fast in 2nd, but it must be noted that he doesnt feel comphortable shifting the bike at redline (12000 or 13000RPM). I think he doesnt want to screw the engine up. So, we pull up to the posted stop sign (that everyone runs since its still on private property)...we actually stop at it and he says that he shifted @ only 8000RPM. So considering I think it ran pretty well, as did he....but that was my first bike kill :D. WOOT! (I think they are supposed to run mid 12s @ 111ish)
It was fun and noone was in front of us (we get out of work in a hurry)...I just hope the security cameras didnt catch that LOL.

• Sponsors (?)