Raced an eclipse this morning

qwick94GT

Nov 20, 2004
I was on my way home this morning, and an eclipse pulled out onto the road ahead of me (four lane) It looked to be around a 1998 or '99 model. It had the customary fart pipe and huge wing :rolleyes: Anyway I kept my same speed in the fast lane (aprox. 65 mph) and when I got to his door, he floored it :notnice: I had already made up my mind that I was going to try him if he did that, so I threw it up in third and pulled him by at least 3 cars. I wound it out through fourth gear and of course you know what happend next. I slowed down and he did his ricer fly-by :rolleyes: so I threw it back in third and walked him back down and just waved slowed and made my turn. :rlaugh: Anyway I thought you guys could use a laugh this morning.

Oh I forgot the best part. When I came back on him he fliped me off. :nonono: I just laughed :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I raced a guy in an Eclipse. I was putting racing fuel in my car and he ran over asking me why I was putting that in a rustang. I didn't pay him any attention then he said "oh I see you have a auto so you wouldn't stand a chance against my car" and with that statement it was on like Donkey Kong.

I paid for the gas and by this time he had ran to his car flew next to me and started to rev the mighty 1.8 liter. He actually asked what does that 347 stroker mean on your fender. I told him nothing my wife got those badges for my birthday.

I fired old red up and the expression on his face was priceless. 11/1 compression, long tubes, off road he-pipe and flows.

We got on the road caught the first light, he nailed it, which wasn't very impressive, so I got next to him and just as the back tires busted loose I waived at him and was gone.

At the next light he wouldn't pull up even and when the light changed he wouldn't go until I went first. At the next side street he turned and I never saw him again.

Nucking Futs said:
I raced a guy in an Eclipse. I was putting racing fuel in my car and he ran over asking me why I was putting that in a rustang. I didn't pay him any attention then he said "oh I see you have a auto so you wouldn't stand a chance against my car" and with that statement it was on like Donkey Kong.

I paid for the gas and by this time he had ran to his car flew next to me and started to rev the mighty 1.8 liter. He actually asked what does that 347 stroker mean on your fender. I told him nothing my wife got those badges for my birthday.

I fired old red up and the expression on his face was priceless. 11/1 compression, long tubes, off road he-pipe and flows.

We got on the road caught the first light, he nailed it, which wasn't very impressive, so I got next to him and just as the back tires busted loose I waived at him and was gone.

At the next light he wouldn't pull up even and when the light changed he wouldn't go until I went first. At the next side street he turned and I never saw him again.

:hail2: :nice: Good Job!!

Nice job :nice: I just dont understand ricers..The other nite I was on my way to work and all of a sudden traffic on the three lane highway start slowin down to like 25 mph(usually goin like 65).So I'm like what the hell is goin on :shrug: Then I heard the leaf blowers and I was like come on get these tin cans out of the way so I can get to work(i was runnin a little late).I managed to weave my way up behind these things they call cars and it was three of them blocking each lane...They would slow down to like 25 and then speed up to prolly thier top speed of like 80 and then slow down again.After doin this like 4 or 5 times and I couldnt get by my blood was boiling.I almost ripped off my steering wheel so I could throw it at em!I didnt want to race em I just wanted to get by so I could be on my way.I managed to get by one of them and it was like close encounters of the third kind in my rearview with all these blue & yellow & red lites.We ended up catchin a red lite and I was like all right I'll give em a run maybe it will make me fell beter to whoop their ass.I was just prayin one of em didnt have a wild turbo set up or somethin cause the last thing I wanted to do was lose to one of these junkers.So we're lines up and the light turns green I take off and they just sit there.I'm like no prob like I thought all lites and stickers so I let off the gas and then all three of em do the ricer fly by get in front of me and put their hazzard lites on and start drivin slow again.Luckly my exit came up and I jumped off the highway.I just dont understand ricers :nonono: maybe those big mufflers pump exhaust into the car.......

Those cars are so overrated... especially in the ricer community. I raced a GS-T when my car was stock except flows. I slaughtered him. Although I wouldn't mind having the GS-X. AWD + turbo = :nice:

I raced a grand prix. last week a 01 or so would be my guess. Just another person telling me that i need to take the V-6 stuff off my car. I hate hearing that. So the light turned and well it was over from the time i gunned it a good 3 second after he did. barked second as i passed and he wouldnt even look at me at the next light. then turned off at a gas station. For the last god dang time just cause the bumper says mustang don't mean its a V-6 ughhhhhhhh!!!

you guys my not believe me but i swear this happened 2 eye whitnesses

i had a 89 ford bronco 4 speed 302 7in lift and 35in tire dual exuast nothing special performance wise
i pulled up to a light and a white civic starts kill reving his pos as he lets off i hear the turbo i was o ok he wants to race a truck he must be despret but im one of those hardcore import haters and i cant back down even if they could beat me so we get to the next light and he revs and i revs my truck which was insanly loud lol and it turns green i never shifted that truck so hard before i barked second gear i look and im gaining on him i beat the guy by like 1 1/2 car length i pull up to the next like hes beating the crap out of his steering wheel yeall screaming he was soooooooo mad im pretty sure he went home and set his car on fire
dan :nice:

stang_dan said:
you guys my not believe me but i swear this happened 2 eye whitnesses

i had a 89 ford bronco 4 speed 302 7in lift and 35in tire dual exuast nothing special performance wise
i pulled up to a light and a white civic starts kill reving his pos as he lets off i hear the turbo i was o ok he wants to race a truck he must be despret but im one of those hardcore import haters and i cant back down even if they could beat me so we get to the next light and he revs and i revs my truck which was insanly loud lol and it turns green i never shifted that truck so hard before i barked second gear i look and im gaining on him i beat the guy by like 1 1/2 car length i pull up to the next like hes beating the crap out of his steering wheel yeall screaming he was soooooooo mad im pretty sure he went home and set his car on fire
dan :nice:

Nice! :hail2:

My brother owns a 93 Nissan 240 hatchback totally stock. He always gets ricers wanting to race him. One night he had a guy in a Civic revving at him and he wasn't even first at the light. It was wet out and apparently his foot slipped off the clutch while he was revving and he lurched forward, hitting the car in front of him. You can't beat that for a stupid ricer story, lol :D