raced (destroyed) a "done up" Chevy truck

Roland69

Sergeant Tangnet
Sep 17, 2005
Port Elgin, Ontario
This guy (one of the punks from my last ricer thread) bought a older style maby an 85 2wd Chevy truck and told me it would beat my car... how it al started. He was one of the guys who was out with a few ricers and he said my car sucks and his truck would beat it. I said oh is that right. He said do ya know that orange chev with black racing strypes (not hood strypes ride) that's all done up. I said yea you bought that POS he sais it's not a POS it will kill your "Rustang" you wanna race it when I get it on the road I said sure I'll race ya. My Girlfriend said I like that truck we will race you for pinks. He wouldn't go for that and I didn't really want to either lol...ya never know what might happen.

Well anyways I was at Canadian Tire getting some Micro-Fiber towles to wash my car and I see him pull up in his truck with his G/F. He didn't say a word but he gave me that look like "well it's on the road now" and of coruse he has to look cool for his girl. So I left the store and he tryes to catch up and he passes me in town on main street so I didn't even think about racing in town with cars everywhere. I follow him out of town and we get to the last set of stop lights on the outskirts of town and it turns into a 4 land for about 150 feet. there was a van in front of him and I was behind him. He quickly goes to the right turn lane to jump the light and pass the van as soon as the light turns green. Well he takes off with a bad reaction time and spins his tires and chirps 2nd (5 speed truck) so I wait till we get out on the highway and pass the van and him no problem and as I was passing him I made it a point to shove the shifter into 4th and then pull infront of him. He looked a bit shocked to see how fast my car got out and moved by 2 cars like that.

So I stay in front of him and I see he want's to turn onto a side road so I did broke loose in 2nd and went sideways around the corner and came to a stop and waited for him. He pulls up beside me honks 2 times and he gun's it. I thought he was doing the 3 honk and go on the 3rd.... I got a wicked launch and caught right up to him in 2nd and pulled hard on him and I was about 8-10 lenght's by the time I was in 4th at about 4800 RPM's so I let off and hit the brakes just enough to say I'm done... I got to the stop sigh and waited up for him to catch up and when he got closer I put my arm out the window like I thought you would kill me what happend. His G/F looked like she was laughing at him and he was pissed he got right behind me and quickly turned right spinning his tires in shame lol.

I later found out the truck has a 350 with some edlebrock intake and a 4bbl carb and a "lumpy cam" (the guy's friend says) with long tube headders duall exhaust and some other stuff done and the truck is a manual 5 speed. The truck is actually a nice truck... Short box orange with black strypes and lowered (really it does look kinda cool)

• Sponsors (?)

:nice:
Friend of mine bought a 85 s-10 with the suspension all hacked up in the front to fit a 454 in it.The truck was kinda ugly,but it was cool to have a 454 in a s-10 i thought.The guy that built it was dying of cancer and it was his first ever build, he wanted to finish before his time was up.I think he used all summit it looked like.Anyways,that thing burnt so much oil with like 3k miles on it,and it was kinda a turd.I never got to run him cause he sold it before he fixed the problems.Personally,I think the guy that built it just did a hack job.I can see what he was trying to do,but he had a 454 with a 200 shot in an s-10,I dont see this ever really working to good.I know he took lots of pictures of it,Ill post some when I talk to him again.Pretty cool to see it.Just uselees kinda cause all it did was spin tires.