Racing Seats

zeusmoto

Feb 15, 2004
utah
hey i was wondering if anyone has had the problem where your racing seats are just a few a inches above the roof and they are a little too tall, is it the seats or the brackets? also i have these fuzzy things on my seats from being used soo much and i was wondering if a clothing shaver would clean the seats up without hurting them? well any help is appreciaited

thank you
jerry :owned:

• Sponsors (?)

I am going to try a fabric shaver on mine, I don't see how it could hurt the seat, unless there are long threads coming frmo the fabric, in which case the shaver would pull on them

My seats are not too tall, i think they are actually smaller than the stock GT seats with those huge headrests.

zeusmoto said:
well i am using the stock brakets and corbeau seats

from what i've read, using the corbeau brackets should drop the seat height a little bit over the universals. i don't have any experience with them myself, just going by what i've read. check out the brackets that corbeau sells, i think they run about $90/each for brackets.

zeusmoto said:
well i am using the stock brakets and corbeau seats

thats why your seats are so high.. Pick up a set of Corbeau brackets for those seats and they will sit a min 1" lower. I run the corbeau's and used their brackets due to my height (6'4"). I have plenty of clearence to the roof.

Hope this helps,
Scott

i know it's :OT: but what do you guys think of your corbeau's? i was thinking about putting them in my car down the road, just looking for some feedback from those that already took the plunge. how do they compare to the other seat manufacturers? (sparco, recaro, etc.) worth the $? and finally, how comfortable are they?

I know what you mean by the seats being real high. I am not a tiny Tim so I needed them lower (I have the Corbeau gt-7's). I took the Corbeau brackets and modified them so that they basically sit flat. I took the front "L" on the brackets and mad them flat then reduced the back ones by at least a 1/2". They sit very close to the floor and sliding back and forth with the slider arm on the side is not easy but works. I have lots of room now.
As far as the seats themselves, I really like them The quality is good and no complaints.