Racing Stripes?

snkchmr said:
345-1075923810.jpg

Nice! What kind of stripes are these? I haven't seen anything like these anywhere, except for the 40th anniv. stripes that came with the '04 stangs.

Attachments

• 345-1075923810.jpg
    345-1075923810.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 380
  • Sponsors (?)

sickstickGT03 said:
I was thinking about getting racing stripes, does anyone have any pictures of a true blue stang with stripes? Also I have the permiplate clear coat option from the dealer...will this make it difficult for the stripes to stick, assuming they are stickers?

I have the "mach I" style scoop black out and hood stripe kit on my car and I love it. My car isn't TB, but I think the decals I have would look good on a TB. Here's a link to a picture of my hood with the stripe (the guy I bought the decal from off of ebay asked to use it a model)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2457417955&category=50452

Here's a direct link to their website as well.

http://www.zx1.net/scott/store.html

Personally, I think stripes (if done tastefully) make a car unique. You can overdo anything.
Rice isn't part of the equation unless you start plastering after market parts decals all over your car...

MyStangGT said:
I think a killer combination would be screaming yellow with royal blue stripes. I think I saw a Factory 5 Cobra with that combo.

I have thought about doing stripes on my car. I never thought about doing blue, but I'm trying to picture what you described and it actually might not look that bad. I wish I was proficient in Photoshop!

I had always thought about doing black stripes. I think black on yellow contrasts very well and might look really good. I'm sure some of you have seen the yellow Vipers w/black stripes. :drool: But I'm hesitant to do it because a kid around here has a yellow Tercel with black stripes and that thing looks so STUPID...it's like a damn yellow jacket, except it has 4 wheels and can't fly or sting or produce allergic reactions. :)

I would love to get stripes on my car, I think the look bada$$. The only thing thats holding my back is my cobra R hood, I don't think anyone make a stripe kit that would go along with the slits on the hood. I guess my only choice is to get it painted on.