radiator/fan clearance

my new 3 core radiator and fan combo hit my waterpump serpentine setup...is there a different approach to this ,put fan on both sides problems in both areas...does someone have the magical answer..or is it time to get out the torch! thanks for everything

• Sponsors (?)

One way of dealing with this is to slot the radiator support at the top, on either side of the radiator opening, so that the mounting flanges can slide down in front of the radiator support rather than the rear. You'll need to figure out how much the radiator needs to move forward and position the slots accordingly. You may need spacers under the flanges to get it where it needs to be. Hunt around a bit online, you'll probably find pictures. The slots need only be as long as the flanges protrude from the sides of the radiator.

I had to do as Loup-garou said when I put the 3 core in mine. I didn't need much, so just moving to the front of the support worked for me. I used a cut off wheel to remove a section of the curved part top and bottom. Flipped the clip nuts over and was good to go. Pictures aren't real great, but they may help show what I did. IMG_1967.JPG IMG_1792.JPG

another option (involves cutting), is getting rid of the raised area so the radiator sits flush with the core support. I did this to open up the front end (expose more radiator), and give me the needed clearance. I also used the Ron Morris mounts and slid the motor back some.