Radiator Fan/cooling Issue

sk8erboi9405

Sep 12, 2016
So I have a 2005 mustang gt that had a cracked radiator. I replaced it with a mishimoto radiator and replaced the fan to mishimoto as well. Switched out the water pump and thermostat. My cooling fan seems to only turn on while in traffic and someone pointed out that it could be a fuse that's out. My car begins to overheat if I drive under 40mph and in stop and go traffic. I don't see any leaks anywhere. I would like to know if anyone knows the fuses related to the fan and if they have encountered a problem like this and what they did to fix it. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Hiya and welcome to Stangnet.

Please provide images of your Radiator, fan, and tell us what controller you're using if it's not OEM.

Please also provide images of your fender skirts and hood.

Verify that there is no air trapped in your cooling system and perform a pressure test.

So I have a 2005 mustang gt that had a cracked radiator. I replaced it with a mishimoto radiator and replaced the fan to mishimoto as well. Switched out the water pump and thermostat. My cooling fan seems to only turn on while in traffic and someone pointed out that it could be a fuse that's out. My car begins to overheat if I drive under 40mph and in stop and go traffic. I don't see any leaks anywhere. I would like to know if anyone knows the fuses related to the fan and if they have encountered a problem like this and what they did to fix it. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hey sk8erboi9405,

Thank you for the post.

If you are having any issues with one of our products, we will be happy to assist you with troubleshooting and resolving the issue.

Feel free to contact us directly at [email protected]

Best Regards,
Mishimoto