Radio Wiring??

Adam taggart

Dec 9, 2017
I've read all the diagrams online about wiring my radio and I can't get it to play.
I've done many radios before with no problems.

I hooked up the power and ground and all the speakers. But for some reason it's not playing sound. I know there is some sort of antenna trigger wire that I could not find Orange/blue. But would that have anything to do with the speakers not playing? I also have 3 wires not hooked up that I'm not sure what they are. But my radio wouldn't have anymore connections anyways.
The wires that are looped are the ones I didn't connect. Anyone have any info on this?

Attachments

• 20171219_134504.jpg
    20171219_134504.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 196
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok I gonna jump in here, first check veryuseful.com for some wiring diagrams, second is the radio actually turning on, and hook a speaker to the radio directly. The trigger wire you talk about is likely for a power antenna, don't know what year you car is but I've never seen a power antenna on a fox.

I’ve done a fair share of radio work on various cars, and I’ve head plenty to troubleshoot as well.

First thing to do is make sure the radio itself is not defective. Take a little extra speaker wire (or whatever you have available) and test the output wires directly to an extra speaker.

If it doesn’t play, then your head unit is malfunctioning. Most aftermarket units will have an internal amp, and they can fail.

Once I know the head unit is good, then I will start checking each speaker individually. On the mustang, the rear speakers are the easiest to access so I would start there (in fact, one of these would also make a good test speaker if you know it works).

Once you pull the speaker, you can check the connector and wiring. If it looks good, and the wire colors match what you have up front, the. You can test the speaker. If the speaker is working, then you at that point decide if you want to trace the wires and look for a break, or just run new wire.

Rinse and repeat for the other speakers.

Reactions: 1 user