Ram HDX vs. Spec Stage 1 clutch

cammngt

Sep 18, 2007
Houston, TX
Looking to order by Monday and install next weekend. I've heard good things about both, but there is a $40 price differance.

Car is full bolt-on, daily drivin with traffic during the week. Not too much "racing" but still have fun driving on the weekend.

Discuss.

• Sponsors (?)

Ford Motorsport clutch will do just fine. 250 bucks. They hold up in 03-04 Cobra's with upto 500RWHP. My tuner puts these factory units in all stick shift Mustangs. No comebacks.

:nice:

let us know what it feels like after break in period, mines already installed i just wont get to drive it for another 2-3 months :(

also, I had to get another clutch cable at the same time, mine old one was worn beyond salvation. The steeda adjustable one was like $36 shipped from a.m. :shrug:

:nice:

let us know what it feels like after break in period, mines already installed i just wont get to drive it for another 2-3 months :(

also, I had to get another clutch cable at the same time, mine old one was worn beyond salvation. The steeda adjustable one was like $36 shipped from a.m. :shrug:

Do you still have the adjustable one? Mine broke in two weeks. I just went back to the stocker. I've heard others have trouble with the Steeda adjustable also.

My Spec Stage 1 chatters like a virgin on prom night.

+1

I HATED my stage 1 spec. I guess I couldn't complain about the clamping force, but that PoS made people a block away aware of it's chatter. I really like my DF centerforce, not a bit of chatter, easy to drive and will definitely hold on for the ride, FI or NA.

As for the cable, most def on the OEM piece. I didn't listen my first time asking that question here and sure enough it broke. I sent it back for a replacement and I have it, but I seriously doubt I would put it on my car ever.

Just get the Ford OEM one if you want to replace it. Most dealers carry it. That is where I got mine. If you have trouble finding one let me know. One of the large dealers here has a warehouse for just about any make/model. I haven't had a problem getting a part yet.

Just get the Ford OEM one if you want to replace it. Most dealers carry it. That is where I got mine. If you have trouble finding one let me know. One of the large dealers here has a warehouse for just about any make/model. I haven't had a problem getting a part yet.

Thanks man :nice:

apparently, im already having problems with it. The mechanic cant even install it because he says "its too long" and has apparently adjusted it all the way but it still doesnt have enough tension to move the clutch :nonono:

guess im gonna have to return it, and buy an OEM one :(

i should have just done the install myself when i get back in march :nonono: