Ran a nice 03-04 Cobra last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quikstang

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2000
Orlando FL
Last night I was on my way home from downtown around 12:30 on the toll road from downtown to east orlando. I go through the E pass lane and see a pretty nice 03-04 black cobra w/ rims and stuff. It was late so i just kept going, running a good 80-85 mph. Well about 3 mins later i see lights coming up quick and my stomach drops, I am thinkin its FHP about to him me up, i was a good 20-25 mph over due to construction in the area i was in, off to the shoulder. Well turns out to be the cobra... Well, he passes me and does not slow down a bit, so i am like whatever.. Then my girl is like, Look at his plates, it said something about snakebite, or something... So i catch him , and drop into 4th next to him. Nothing, So i am like, well he probably just wanted to check out the car, hit 5th.. then he comes up and starts jumpin it. So we slow down to about 65-70. I just dropped it in 4th cause I figured it was mostly stock and did not need too much. well my nose is at his rear tire Finally he drops 3rd and punches it, I just roll into 4th pretty hard and instantly pull even with him, I kinda backed out a bit thinking he was done, but he shifts forth and starts pullin , so i jump back in and pull 4th just long enough to prove a point, I ended up jumpin out about a half car on him and letting out... Just thought i would post, cause I have not posted or barely even ran the car in over 3 years, and I am just getting back into the 5.0 scene... And please, no Street racing is bad talk... I am an adult, it was late and NO one else was on the 4 lane highway we were on.. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

408, we ran on the back half toward waterford lakes and titusville right before the 417 exit.

That's right near me :D

I have only seen one 03/04 since i've been here. Not a single person has tried to race me (seriously) since I've been in Orlando. I had more people bugging me back in sleepy old Naples. I've seen quite a few Skylines since I've been here (never seen one in person before).

not to rain on your parade and yes theres tons of variables that come into play on a lil highway race... BUT I really dont think a h/c/i 5.0 would give an 03-04 cobra that much of a run even if the cobra is stock. The guy was either awful at driving, not racing, or running on 7 cyls. If your car runs that hard then props to you. I know my h/c/i car doesnt. Granted I havent had it tuned yet either but still. At any rate congrads.

I have to agree... 260-280 RWHP HCI 5oh. He should have eaten you for lunch.

Even stock, that Eaton makes power NOW! The torque of the Cobra should have sealed your fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.