Ran the 1/4 mile one day, and autocrossed the next.

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Update: Vid of auto-x down a few posts.

And oh my God was it a blast!!!

All part of Mustang Week.

Autocross is just as fun as the 1/4 mile, but in a different way. I enjoyed them both alot. I only ran twice at the strip though. Track prep wasnt that great, and it was hot and humid so NO ONE was getting good times. And no, thats not an excuse.

Heres what I got (first time to the track).

1st run...
R/T: .584
60': 2.204
1/8th: 9.67 @ 74.22
1/4 15.03 @ 92.36

2nd run...
R/T: .611
60': 2.370
1/8th: 9.762 @ 74.51
1/4: 14.98 @ 93.94

I was happy to bust into the 14's. And before you rag on me about it being slow, heres some reference points. Terminators were running 13's, 05+ GT's stock were running 14.2-15.5, PI 4.6's with a few bolt ons like mine running 14.6-15.5 or so. It just wasnt a good night to run for good times. But, I think im getting the hang of launching, the first time I launched around 2300 RPM, and it squeeled real quick than caught. The 06 GT next to me pulled a 2.171 60', so I wasnt that far behind him in that respect... specially for being lowered. I didnt shift very high either, right around or under 5k, so the car had more in it, I just didnt want to get out there and tear it up for the first time.

Does anyone know that link to find out the temp and humidity on any certain day? Id like to know what it was, and see if I could get numbers for a corrected run.

As far as the autocross, it was sweet. My last run of the day I ran 43 seconds with no penalties. The 03 Cobra that won in its division ran a 41 or 42, I was really proud about that time.

• Sponsors (?)

BurningRubber said:
And oh my God was it a blast!!!

All part of Mustang Week.

Autocross is just as fun as the 1/4 mile, but in a different way. I enjoyed them both alot. I only ran twice at the strip though. Track prep wasnt that great, and it was hot and humid so NO ONE was getting good times. And no, thats not an excuse.

Heres what I got (first time to the track).

1st run...
R/T: .584
60': 2.204
1/8th: 9.67 @ 74.22
1/4 15.03 @ 92.36

2nd run...
R/T: .611
60': 2.370
1/8th: 9.762 @ 74.51
1/4: 14.98 @ 93.94

I was happy to bust into the 14's. And before you rag on me about it being slow, heres some reference points. Terminators were running 13's, 05+ GT's stock were running 14.2-15.5, PI 4.6's with a few bolt ons like mine running 14.6-15.5 or so. It just wasnt a good night to run for good times. But, I think im getting the hang of launching, the first time I launched around 2300 RPM, and it squeeled real quick than caught. The 06 GT next to me pulled a 2.171 60', so I wasnt that far behind him in that respect... specially for being lowered. I didnt shift very high either, right around or under 5k, so the car had more in it, I just didnt want to get out there and tear it up for the first time.

Does anyone know that link to find out the temp and humidity on any certain day? Id like to know what it was, and see if I could get numbers for a corrected run.

As far as the autocross, it was sweet. My last run of the day I ran 43 seconds with no penalties. The 03 Cobra that won in its division ran a 41 or 42, I was really proud about that time.

Why?:shrug:

MGW is really nice. It lets me hit the shifts pretty well with confidence, especially pulling back hard on the 1-2, and just knocking it straight and it finding 3rd on the 2-3.

Four Six- As far as why people were running slow... Dont know, but it was like that for everyone. Track wasnt horrible, but the prep could have been better. I think the main reason was the heat and humidity. It was really bad.

Haha, I pretty much did the same thing this week, too! I dragged on tuesday (ran 12.89@106, wasn't a big improvement for me due to the INSANE heat and humidity + lack of intercooler) and ran an autocross today! Most cars were running 55's in my class and I ran a 60 on my best run but ate it right at the last timing lights (and I was the last car out lol). It would have been a good 55 second pass if it wasn't for the spinout - but oh well!

Spring/fall is the best time for motorsports nowadays...especially with all this damn global warming crap :( The other night at the strip a viper ran a 13.5, and none of the 03/04 cobras could break into the 12's!

tvolack said:
how do you like that mgw shifter?
The Steeda Tri Ax is also a good shifter to consider.
I agree bad humidity will ruin your times.
I think you did pretty good Congrats.. :nice:
Just practice on your launch and try to get your 60 foot
down and it will translate into better times.