Rancho Part Number

WantaGT

Jul 13, 2003
ohio
I was looking for the much loved rancho rear shocks for my street/strip 67 mustang and was looking for the part number. In the thread How to Drag Race Your Classic it gave the part number RAN-RS99159. When I went to Summit Racing it listed these as front shocks for a Land Rover, is this right? If not can you give me the number. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I messed up--GAstocker had the correct part # in his link-RS99204. They are shocks for a NISSAN TRUCK that was never imported to the states, but work great on a drag Mustang. I also got mine from Summit.

I believe that there are Ranchos for the front, but they are not the best option. It is better to purchase some cheap, adjustable 90/10 shocks, such the ones sold under the Summit brand name.

can these be quickly adjusted for a street driven car?

The Ranchos on the rear are easy, just turn the little red knob. 9 actual notch settings, with CCW is being the lightest, CW the firmest. According to Rancho, you can even use the area between the notches too. Here is a Rancho mounted on the rear of my stang showing the knob:

1IMG_0797_tn.jpg

As far as the front shocks, no, not really. They have to be fully compressed and turned in order to change the settings. It is easiest when the shock is fully removed.

Attachments

• 1IMG_0797_tn.jpg
    1IMG_0797_tn.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 113
Well I know it's probably not the best thing to do but I have the CE 90/10's in the front of mine and just left them in there on the softest setting. It seems to do fine on the road. I don't drive crazy or anything on the street, nice slow stops,don't take curves fast, but at the track they really help to transfer the weight as they release quick...

Well I know it's probably not the best thing to do but I have the CE 90/10's in the front of mine and just left them in there on the softest setting. It seems to do fine on the road. I don't drive crazy or anything on the street, nice slow stops,don't take curves fast, but at the track they really help to transfer the weight as they release quick...

+1

could i get those summits and just set them at the lower settings for a little help at the strip and not as much sacrifice on the street?

Yes, you could set them up a little stiffer and will probably be happy. I would think that the stiffest setting would be close to stock.

If nothing else, with a little time, you could try all 3 options to see which one best suits your driving tastes.

yeah, well I guess I just need to suck it up LOL, one last question. For a street/strip car would you guys recommend putting six cylinder springs in the front or is the summit shocks/stock springs good enough?

Depends on the car. At first I installed new std 289 springs and the front end seemed stiff even after adding the 90/10's. I just ordered the 6 cyl springs for this summer's fun. Of course I am probably carrying more weight up front than you are due to the 393/large 4 row copper radiator/scatter shield/etc.

If your springs are the old originals, they may work just fine.