Random 2003 Mach 1 Question

trufflebutter

Apr 16, 2015
So this will be random but just saw it today on an 05'-10'ish mustang gt. Wasn't about to snag a pic but it caught my eye so thought I'd ask and see where this goes.

The quarter windows had either screws or rivits all around with a either primer or some type of coating over the window. seemed like a custom job yet it looked pretty good for what it was. Just wondering if anyone knows of this "custom" job if its out somewhere to buy or maybe this really was just a job someone just did. And if it was screwed in, what, if anything, would I potentially screw through that could be bad?

Like I said, random that i saw it but it actually looked pretty good.

If anyone has seen this or has done it, any insight would actually help since I kinda would like to do this to my 03' Mach rear quarter windows. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Ya Mattstang04, I wish I took a pic, was just a fast thing at a light. But it looked really good.

It eveb could have just been done in a garage.. I just haven't seen such thing done before.

Could have been screwed on or rivits. Maybe just cut out plates that matched to the size of those small windows. And the was either fading away or like a matt black color and it couldn't have been seen through.

Just thought maybe someone would have seen it or have customed it. I'd be worried to drill into my Mach but thought this would be a cool idea.

Last edited:
So I came across this.. This is what it pretty much looked like on the one I was speaking of. Yet a little different granted the year and the window looked blacked out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170103-220649~01.png
    Screenshot_20170103-220649~01.png
    926.5 KB · Views: 113