Randy...I need 8 rib swap info

showstopper2

Founding Member
Apr 16, 2001
New Bedford, Ma.
Randy,

Im going to have to do the 8 rib swap on my 04GT and was wondering what pulleys I would need to use. the car is Procharged.

could you possibly give me some part numbers and pricing via PM or email and also the number to the dealership again since I used to get it on MD when I needed it?

thanks,

Paul

• Sponsors (?)

yeah but I don't need a stock crank pulley and he doesn't offer the blower pulley I need either so paying 500 is pointless. I did email him though to see if I can get the stuff I need and what kind of pricing it would be.

I will be getting a 3.4 RR blower pulley and I have an Innovators West 10% overdriven on the car already. I need PS, AC, alternator and idlers to do the swap.

yeah but I don't need a stock crank pulley and he doesn't offer the blower pulley I need either so paying 500 is pointless. I did email him though to see if I can get the stuff I need and what kind of pricing it would be.

I will be getting a 3.4 RR blower pulley and I have an Innovators West 10% overdriven on the car already. I need PS, AC, alternator and idlers to do the swap.

yeah, no problem:D
bunch of questions: you keeping the A/C, stock water pump and is it the short 65mm one or the long shaft 87mm? and do you have access to a fax?

oh.... and our's are @1/2 the price of that other place:nice:

ok, 1st is there is NO water pump pulley aval for the short shaft pump, so either you have to make a 22mm thick spacer, or buy a new long shaft water pump.
stand by and I'll post a quote wth a pump and wthout. also the kits I sell, you'll get 3 serpt belt tensioners, 2 wth flatt pullies and 1 wth a ribbed pulley and all you'll do is remove the pulleys from the tensioners, sorry but thats the only way they come.

prices may not be right but heres the info i collected

Alternator pulley-------------- GP-720-------------------- $20.84
Power steering pulley-------- XL3Z-3A733-AA--------- $16.63
A/C Clutch pulley-------------- YB-522-------------------- $71.48
Tensioner----------------------- 1L3Z-6B209-AA--------- $42.30
Crank pulley-------------------- XL3Z-6312-CA---------- $60.82
Idler pulley---------------------- YS-250------------------- $19.66
Water pump pulley------------ F6TZ-8509-AA---------- $18.05
Total----------------------------------------------------------$249.78

are these the part numbers you normally use for the swap Randy?

F6TZ-8509-AA Water Pump Pulley
F6TZ-19D784-A A/C Pulley
2L3Z-3A733-AB Power Steering Pulley

yes and no, the A/C part # is wrong. you musta' got those #'s off MD:rolleyes: and the idler pulley on the above post is also wrong as that one is 3.5" and you need a 3" which is only aval from FoMoCo wth a tensioners asbly.

give me a call for the correct part #'s and prices, Im still at Liberty Ford and all the parts are in stock

prices may not be right but heres the info i collected

Alternator pulley-------------- GP-720-------------------- $20.84
Power steering pulley-------- XL3Z-3A733-AA--------- $16.63
A/C Clutch pulley-------------- YB-522-------------------- $71.48
Tensioner----------------------- 1L3Z-6B209-AA--------- $42.30
Crank pulley-------------------- XL3Z-6312-CA---------- $60.82
Idler pulley---------------------- YS-250------------------- $19.66
Water pump pulley------------ F6TZ-8509-AA---------- $18.05
Total----------------------------------------------------------$249.78

That looks familiar. ;)

just out of curiosity Randy how much will a 3 bolt timing cover and the upgraded tensioner cost?

I have read where the belt wrap is better on the older style setup so I might do the complete swap all at once...

@$190.00 wth the 3 bolt aluminum tensioner and up to @$220.00 wth the "preferred "steel" tensioner" depending on whats still aval as they are fast becomming obsolete