Rattling noise from passenger side

cgbtf13

Dec 1, 2004
I am havign a rattling nosie that sounds liek a bunch of penniesi na coffe can coming from the passenger side of my car. The rattling stops when I apply any pressure to the brake pedal. I have check/replaced both the front and rear brakes and the ralle is still there.

My car is a 92 gt 5.0. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-Cody

• Sponsors (?)

Not too long ago I found that the black thing on the header that you use to pull the engine on the passenger side, the nut was loose, so it was rattling against the smog pump tube. Might wanna look around their and see if anything is loose.

i have a similar problem. mine rattles sounds like pennies rattling but not in neutral or when revving. only when moving around 1600-1700 rpms. don't know where to look, already checked and see nothing lose. thought maybe it was a loose cat but i tapped the cat with a hammer lightly to see if i hear any rattling and all 4 of them do it the same, and i have never noticed it before so i doubt the coincidence is all 4 cats start vibrating now. please post if you have any ideas or what it could be.

mob said:
Not too long ago I found that the black thing on the header that you use to pull the engine on the passenger side, the nut was loose, so it was rattling against the smog pump tube. Might wanna look around their and see if anything is loose.

Thats possible, I had my smog pump tube come abit loose before and rub on the tranny that made a simalar noise to what your saying.

oh just pull the passenger wheel off and I bet you can wiggle the caliper a little. My S-10 did that and went away with a little pressure of the brake pedal so I checked the calipers and sure enough the driver side was loose and needed the pins replaced.