Rattling Sound When Taking Off In 1st/2nd Gear

May 20, 2005
Arkansas
So, I've had a strange rattling sound the past couple months that has been bothering me. I finally pinpointed web it does it & it only occurs when I'm at low speeds & accelerating/taking off in 1st/2nd gear. Once I gain some speed & get going, it goes away. It doesn't do it when the car is sitting still out of gear when I give it some gas.

I do have the TR-3650 transmission with 109k miles on it, so I figured that might be useful info. Has anybody had this before or know what it could be?

It has the original clutch & all parts associated with the clutch/trans (except for Steeda Tri-Ax). Clutch slightly slips, but it's very rare - occurs only under hard acceleration in 1st/2nd gear before the car has had time to "warm up" & doesn't do it every time.

• Sponsors (?)

check your fluid level.

i had a perf shop swap out my clutch and do the tsb on tranny fluid level while it was there... ever since it has made that same noise your describing. about a month ago, i decided to double check it... it was a quart low from the tsb level. i added 1 quart and the noise has improved ten fold. its still there, but not nearly as noticable as before. my tranny is prolly f****d from driving it like i stole it for a year with only 2.8 qts of transmission fluid in it, which is prolly why it is still making some noise.

good luck.

Thanks for the replies! I'll be checking both things soon (whenever I get a chance when it's not 100+ outside).

If anyone has any other suggestions or experience with noises like this, I appreciate all the suggestions/opinions I can get! Keep 'em coming and I'll keep checking things until I find out what it is.