re-assembly on the CHEAP!

undercnstrction

Nov 10, 2009
my plans for the mustang have DRASTICALLY changed from my original ideas. i'm now simply going to do a basic reassembly and repair/replace the broken/worn out pieces. i'm going to use the parts i already have (exploder intakes, and a pair of off brand "racing" seats) and put the car back together. i had some other things come up and the budget for the upgrades is gone.

i need to replace the springs, shocks and struts. what recommendations can you guys give for a "package" that won't damage my fillings and kidneys, but still drop the car a bit. it looks like new coil springs from rockauto.com run about $55-$80 per pair. can i pick up decent lowering springs for roughly the same price? shocks seem to run anywhere from about $20-$100 each (again from rockauto.com).

i will not be converting to 5 lug, or 4 wheel disc or any of that....UNFORTUNATELY! :mad: So at this point if a completely factory setup is the cheapest way to go i may go that route. if an upgrade can be done for virtually the same dollars of course i'd much prefer that.

any input would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)