Ready to junk this car

kateram

Oct 2, 2019
CT
I have a 2006 base model Mustang. It's been a nightmare, one thing after another. Now the check engine light is on and it won't pass emissions. My mechanic gave me three pages of codes that came up when he tested it. He says he thinks it's a water problem because of water leaking in everywhere. When I got the car back the light was out but within five minutes of driving it, it came back on. Also, when accelerating, the electrical system seems to cut out - the heat/ac blower goes off, as does everything on the dash including the gauges. My mechanic thought it had to do with the motor mount but that was fine. Anyone have any ideas before I junk this thing?

• Sponsors (?)

water going everywhere? Where is it comming from? Do you leak oil ? Does it drain water out of the tail pipe? if your spilling water it could be an easy fix like a gasket or an tube or something. electrical issues could be comming from the harness going to the fuse panel. You might want to think about taking it to a different mechanic. A motor mount would allow the engine to rock - but not short anything out unless it's really bouncing around. Good luck. Been there done that.

It's supposed to have been a known problem for model years 2005-09. Water collects in front of the firewall and pours into the passenger side floor, and also gets into the computer. I've gotten it down from three pages of emission code violations to two violations so I'm hoping to finally get it fixed and through emissions. It's been a nightmare, the car isn't regged and I'm only driving to and from work. I'm debating selling it once I get it through emissions before another problem pops up.