Fox Real Cost And Upgrades Needed For Vortech Blower

one more thing for the OP- look around on the Corral, on Craiglist.. you can score some fairly good deals on used parts as guys are always changing setups.. Know that buying used parts is always a caveat emptor situation. . I prefer to buy local where I can inspect the parts. Make sure you use paypal and get lots of pictures.. ask lots of questions.. every guy selling a used vortech always says it's low miles, no shaft play,,,, get the serial # and call vortech.. I see used Vortechs go for anwhere from $1200 to $2500 depending on the trim level and what comes with it..

ask us as many questions as you want. we've all been there done that.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Vortech user here and I love it! It keeps all the evos and STI's off my back. It was a bit of a learning curve for me, understanding the pressures of boost but all is well and puts a smile on my face when ever my right foot is planted in my stangs A$$. I too vote for you to get the SI. Your combo is mostly already accepting and you will grow quite old of the basic kit. Definitely take these guys advice because they aren't rookies in this game of speed.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree. I was kinda looking in that direction, from the start but didn't know the pros and con or what I should stop at before serious rework would be needed.
Also, just remembered that when I was decking the heads and cutting seat,ect.... I also cut the guide boss down to were I could use a .530 positive lock style valve seal. I did that because I knew I was eventually gonna do this. I'm usually over thinking things and all I could see was boost seeking past the valve stem and just being pushed out the valve covers.lol besides that, I wasn't even gonna put the crappy rebuild umbrella style on it.

I agree. I was kinda looking in that direction, from the start but didn't know the pros and con or what I should stop at before serious rework would be needed.
Also, just remembered that when I was decking the heads and cutting seat,ect.... I also cut the guide boss down to were I could use a .530 positive lock style valve seal. I did that because I knew I was eventually gonna do this. I'm usually over thinking things and all I could see was boost seeking past the valve stem and just being pushed out the valve covers.lol besides that, I wasn't even gonna put the crappy rebuild umbrella style on it.
Valve seals are over rated, we'll maybe in some cases lol. That is a story for another day, I don't want to hijack your thread :)

Reactions: 2 users