Really need help here...BBK header collector stud nut

Does anyone know what size this is? I think it's metric, but I'm not sure. I finally got the car running right, and I need to fix this tonight or tomorrow.

I bought the BBK shorties on ebay and they didn't have nuts. I thought they were the same size as the original headers I took off. I bought some SAE nuts (can't remember the size) and they seemed to work, but you can't really tighten them down. Are they supposed to be metric size? I don't think I stripped the stud, but maybe just the nut because it's the wrong size. It threaded almost all the way up, but it wont tighten like it's a bit too big.

Just really trying to avoid taking the header off if the stud isn't stripped. Would be nice if I could just pick up some new nuts and fix it.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Are they made like the Mac headers, where you can unscrew the stud? Hit up the hardware store and buy one nut of a much of different thread sizes and threads and label each one so you know which to get when you find a match. I've had to do this a bunch of times. Luckily i have 2 hardware stores 2 miles from me.

Are they made like the Mac headers, where you can unscrew the stud? Hit up the hardware store and buy one nut of a much of different thread sizes and threads and label each one so you know which to get when you find a match. I've had to do this a bunch of times. Luckily i have 2 hardware stores 2 miles from me.

yea, you can unscrew the stud, and I'd have to remove the header. And of course it's the one on the passenger side, and I still have an air pump...lol.