Rear bumper cover removal?

MahFiVeOh

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
Ontario, Canada
So i am going to have my car repainted in a few weeks and was considering replacing my "warped" rear bumper cover while i was at it.It has the typical warp in the center of the bumper below the licence plate.I looked at it quickly and couldn't really see how it comes off.Any tips?

PS I did a search and didn't find anything useful.:shrug:

Thx

• Sponsors (?)

Speaking of which, I know this doesnt help a whole lot, but if you do it I would make a how to thread. The reason I am suggesting this is because another forum I am a member of does this for every thing from changing a light bulb to installing a turbo. It has been more helpful in my searching for two weeks on that forum than my entire searching experience on this site for almost 8 years, 4 as a member. I would like to see that helpful culture here so in the future you could help a fellow stanger when they searched. :nice:

Helpful link 1

Helpful link 2

I just took mine off to install a cobra rear. You have to take the plastic panel off the inside and there is a bunch of nuts you have to undo all the way across the back (8mm I think) and then you have to unbolt it from the rear fender extensions, mines a GT I'm not sure about the LX's.