Rear Control Arms. Is The An Alternative To Mm's Break The Bank Prices?

• Sponsors (?)

thats what i was hoping...maybe long term may be a issue,but should be expected considering the price...i just hope they dont brake in half or somthing.... they do look decent though...

i will...going to install in a couple weeks though....if they bolt up with no issues,id say only thing to worry about would be bushings,if they hold out long term i guess,its just a summer weekend cruiser/racer so im sure they will be fine...

I honestly don't think they'll be an issue if your car is used sparingly, but if it would see regular track use then id go with something stronger. Im thinking of going that route too or the UPR arms

Reactions: 1 user
FWIW, I've been unimpressed with damn near every UPR product I've used or worked with.

Then you're really hard to impress. UPR arms were one of the first purchases I made for this car when I started spending money on it.
Not that I was looking for them specifically,...but I was in the middle of my own thread questioning the build integrity of a non-usa arm when I just gave up, and spent whatever the hell it cost at the time for a set of non-adjustable upper and lower arms from them.

I bought mine off of their website on ebay, and at the time they had a "make an offer" which I took advantage of. Can't remember what I paid though, but they were the cheapest of the better arms IIRC.

Then you're really hard to impress. UPR arms were one of the first purchases I made for this car when I started spending money on it.
Not that I was looking for them specifically,...but I was in the middle of my own thread questioning the build integrity of a non-usa arm when I just gave up, and spent whatever the hell it cost at the time for a set of non-adjustable upper and lower arms from them.

I bought mine off of their website on ebay, and at the time they had a "make an offer" which I took advantage of. Can't remember what I paid though, but they were the cheapest of the better arms IIRC.
Maybe I'm just sore over their mounts that they sent me wrong twice and when the right ones finally came I had to cut them in half and weld them up again. That could be unfair to bring to this discussion. Some of their smaller (read dress-up type)parts are pretty chincy poorly made and their displays at NMRA races look more like yard sales... but I had a set of their control arms on my blue coupe and didn't have any issues driving with them or swapping them over.

Maybe I'm just sore over their mounts that they sent me wrong twice and when the right ones finally came I had to cut them in half and weld them up again. That could be unfair to bring to this discussion. Some of their smaller (read dress-up type)parts are pretty chincy poorly made and their displays at NMRA races look more like yard sales... but I had a set of their control arms on my blue coupe and didn't have any issues driving with them or swapping them over.

Well, I've never given all that billet dress up crap one minute of consideration anyway. All I know is that they claim to make that arm out of .083 chrome moly. That they use Energy Suspension bushings, and that they are "made in the USA". No other mfg of any other arm set in the under 300.00 price point can say that.

Reactions: 2 users
TeamZ Motorsports! And they are American made fwiw. Mine are still sitting in a box in the garage. Haven't gotten to them yet. Weather is finally descent enough to get in there :nice:

TEAMUPR TTFMF!

cant beat the price for stuff that WORKS! fastest car in the world on 275's runs UPR suspension! if you set it up right it WORKS!

we run UPR in the front of the turbo car. if there was something better for the money we would have it!

TEAMUPR TTFMF!

cant beat the price for stuff that WORKS! fastest car in the world on 275's runs UPR suspension! if you set it up right it WORKS!

we run UPR in the front of the turbo car. if there was something better for the money we would have it!
This ^^^^ Exactly! I share the same sentiment. I have a full front UPR suspension and it is absolutely top quality! I would never hesitate to buy any UPR suspension product PERIOD.

@Sharad

What would y'all use for a street car? What's more important to replace, upper or lower, both? Urethane vs rubber, which way to go? Has anyone had success w the cheap sve type packages?

What are your exact goals with the car? How much horsepower will you make and what transmission is in it?

FWIW, I've been unimpressed with damn near every UPR product I've used or worked with.

I see people say stuff like that every now and then and I just smile. Our racers have started out the 2014 season DOMINATING the competition. Outlaw 275 record, 3 Wins at NMRA Bradenton, 2 Wins at NMCA Bradenton, multiple 7-second True Street passes... this is all on the same bolt on UPR suspension that anyone can buy. If that doesn't impress you, then there's nothing we can do to impress you.

I'm totally not okay with you being sent the wrong parts, and if this is still going on, I'll take care of that myself... Just say the word.

But this looks like a yard sale to you?

LO5-GA.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I see people say stuff like that every now and then and I just smile. Our racers have started out the 2014 season DOMINATING the competition. Outlaw 275 record, 3 Wins at NMRA Bradenton, 2 Wins at NMCA Bradenton, multiple 7-second True Street passes... this is all on the same bolt on UPR suspension that anyone can buy. If that doesn't impress you, then there's nothing we can do to impress you.

I'm totally not okay with you being sent the wrong parts, and if this is still going on, I'll take care of that myself... Just say the word.

But this looks like a yard sale to you?

LO5-GA.jpg
I appreciate your offer, it's been taken care of for the most part.
But like I said earlier I had no issue with the arms I had. Wouldn't advocate against someone else using them either. Just said that the other stuff was lack luster IMO. Your picture doesn't really showcase what I talked about but you can still kind of see it. Lots of little overpriced knick-nacks and I never saw a show case for the more race-orientated stuff that you're talking about. Again just personal opinion. Plenty of people go fast on UPR stuff. Won't deny it.